Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - HELP HELP can't figure out failing brakes more than confused!!
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 06:01 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

HELP HELP can't figure out failing brakes more than confused!!

ok here we go, i've owned this car since 1984 this is a 69 camaro disc front drum rear. i restored the car in 1993 and changed the rear from a 10 bolt to a 12 bolt rear 3.31. had the front end off replaced all the brake lines, hoses, cylinders, master, booster, the list goes on. since the restor. i can use the car after bleeding the system for about 6 times or possibly 100 miles? and the brake pedal gradually gets lower to the floor board til eventually there is no pedal and no brakes at all. at this point the master is totally full of fluid, no signs of leaks at all. i can bleed the brkaes either with a bleeder ball or the old fashinoed way and get air coming out of the lines. then some brakes and the process starts all over again. it seems that this started after changing the rear end? like i mentioned all the brake parts have been changed in fact the i'm on my 3rd master if i recall? we love the car in fact it is beautiful but hard to use with no brakes any ideas i'm listening thanks so much look forward to your responses.