Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - help...homemade powder coat oven
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 01:25 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

powde coat oven

first building the box approx 36" x 48 " either cold roll or hot roll sheets w/ angle iron for frame. large holes on oppisite side for venting system , cover vents with maybe dryer vent metal parts. For thermometer using a oven thermoter buy one for 4.00 at walmrt. oppisite side lower bottom drill large holes for electic fan, I have old window fan w/ speed adjustments , i will also cover and make intake vents. bellow inside the the box will be where i can slide in the hot coals tray maybe 6" deep 12" x 12"

of coarse it will be insulated so the part im baking does not get direct heat, heat will come from sides lower and upper to sort off cause a convection effect. I also plan to put side rails for racks and a swivel hook an exuast vent to avoid high pressure problems. door piano hinged double walled with insulation approx 40 " and Coal door flip down approx 7 " I estimated cost around 300.00 when completed, time to complete approx 12 hours.

Considering the cost for a large oven thousands more this my best bet, i will send pics when complete and pics of my completed projects.