Thread: Help with HP
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 08:25 AM

Last journal entry: 383 dyno sym
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bygddy View Post
That was my original intention actually, but with more cam comes more converter comes more gear and so on and so on lol....
So I'm trying to "use my head" for a change and not turn it into a bigger project then it needs to be, which is a huge undertaking for me lol. Everything on the car is new from motor to trans to rear, I was hoping to see 375-400hp with the head, intake and Carb swap. IF...and its a big IF, I'm in that ball park then i will run it this summer and be happy.......the car isn't as heavy as most of the ones I drive, this one's actually been on a scale and comes in at 3270# without my giant *** in it. So 400hp, an overdrive, and big sticky tires and an actual suspension I can turn corners with sounds like lots of fun.
I understand totally how a project can grow and you don't have a money tree to pluck in your backyard.You have seen all of us going on about matched parts builds and the reasons why that is.I wasn't talking about drive-ability or performance issues with a cam swap.Just one or two steps above what you have now still using your head so you could use what you have for the rest like the T/C.As you know with a good tune on it that in it's self will change the flash on the T/C you have based on the engine's output.

Worst case is another 400 to 500 bucks total for a different cam/kit without "shopping" it at all.But still kind of keeping it kind of conservative using your head as you have so far.

You have gone this far.........so to do that would kind of close the deal.