Help with HP - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2013, 06:44 PM
Proud LOSER

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Just because, eBay Gt45, eBay Turbo manifolds, eBay intercooler, walbro 255 inline, aeromotive reg, will mod my current 750 for boost following hanger18 instructions, and see what happens.
Was going to keep my mouth shut cause I'm known to change directions, or cars lol. But this is way to cool not to do....

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2013, 09:25 AM
Bubbles is the girl next door

Last journal entry: This makes a huge difference
Last photo:

Isnt it nice to be able to get the basic components for a turbo kit at a affordable price. I waited a long time for that. $4-5k on a kit is not reasonable to me.

$4-500 and your talking. Most people spend that on coated headers.

The little *bay t34 can be mounted on civic, integra, neon, cobalt, focus, Saturn, sunfire, etc.

A twin cam Saturn sl from 2000, can become a self destructing terror. Who would have thought the Saturn sl could become fast as the old factory corvettes. The fact that you only have to spend $500 to get there is a slap in the face. Then to be able to turn the power down for longevity is a bonus.

People said that the 90's mustangs were fast stock. I think they ran 15 seconds in the quarter and made 180 rwhp. A Saturn twin cam with these kits cam make over 200fwhp.

This is the hotrodding of today. It has to be. There is nothing but these crappy 4 cylinders everywhere I turn. If you can turn a wrench , now you can do something with them.

Im not sure about the legalities or ethics of it . Somebody else would know better

Last edited by spinn; 04-02-2013 at 09:49 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:59 PM
Proud LOSER

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinn View Post
Isnt it nice to be able to get the basic components for a turbo kit at a affordable price. I waited a long time for that. $4-5k on a kit is not reasonable to me.

$4-500 and your talking. Most people spend that on coated headers.

The little *bay t34 can be mounted on civic, integra, neon, cobalt, focus, Saturn, sunfire, etc.

A twin cam Saturn sl from 2000, can become a self destructing terror. Who would have thought the Saturn sl could become fast as the old factory corvettes. The fact that you only have to spend $500 to get there is a slap in the face. Then to be able to turn the power down for longevity is a bonus.

People said that the 90's mustangs were fast stock. I think they ran 15 seconds in the quarter and made 180 rwhp. A Saturn twin cam with these kits cam make over 200fwhp.

This is the hotrodding of today. It has to be. There is nothing but these crappy 4 cylinders everywhere I turn. If you can turn a wrench , now you can do something with them.

Im not sure about the legalities or ethics of it . Somebody else would know better
Its hilarious actually, I spend an obnoxious amount of time on turboforums and this stuff has gotten so simple its embarrassing....not sure if u have read the grenade thread over there, but its epic. I spent $150 on this Turbo, eBay cooler is $200, charge piping etc, maybe $100. Was looking at eBay Turbo headers but the way the cross over runs I may just make my own pass side with a merge from the drivers side and go from there. I am more the willing to see how long the bottom end hold up with decent forged slugs and really good flowing heads on 15# of boost lol. A wideband, a modded 750dp. And the biggest expense will be an MSD 6AL2 box. I know from digging through some past posts on here that not everyone agrees, but making 600+whp with 8.5comp, real good heads, and 15psi or less is not rocket science. Making it live, and the parts behind it live may be a different story lol, but I will fix and upgrade as its needed.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:04 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bygddy View Post
Its hilarious actually, I spend an obnoxious amount of time on turboforums and this stuff has gotten so simple its embarrassing....not sure if u have read the grenade thread over there, but its epic. I spent $150 on this Turbo, eBay cooler is $200, charge piping etc, maybe $100. Was looking at eBay Turbo headers but the way the cross over runs I may just make my own pass side with a merge from the drivers side and go from there. I am more the willing to see how long the bottom end hold up with decent forged slugs and really good flowing heads on 15# of boost lol. A wideband, a modded 750dp. And the biggest expense will be an MSD 6AL2 box. I know from digging through some past posts on here that not everyone agrees, but making 600+whp with 8.5comp, real good heads, and 15psi or less is not rocket science. Making it live, and the parts behind it live may be a different story lol, but I will fix and upgrade as its needed.

my twin turbo iroc was built after the grenade thread , all stock stuff pushing 23 psi of boost with an added nitrous shot ontop of it never an issue, infact ill be re regeristing that car end of this week now that the weather i s getting nicer , and ill drive it with that engine in it till i finish the sb 427

i also just ordered one of the ebay gt45's for my silverado 2500 those turbos even if u have to pay the full price of 300 bucks a unit are outstanding turbochargers and have been proven to be dead reliable

dont matter what u put the turbo on wether its a stock engine or a fully built engine, tune it right and the thing will last forever

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.