Hot Rod Forum banner

Help to identify a part !! YEEKS !

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  '49 Ford Coupe 
#1 ·
Hey guys... I found this part on my workbench today, and I'm very very very concerned that I may have left a part out of the 700R4 that I just rebuilt using a TransGo kit. I don't remember ever seeing it before, but it's there, so I must have just forgotten what it is. The transmission is in the car, and I'm wiring the system and nearly ready to hit the road.

I'm sure it's not a part from my 383 Stroker that I also built..

It appears brand new with no wear or scuff marks, and seems to be some sort of thrust bearing, as there is a shaft with an E-clip and it rotates on the small end very nicely.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Like Bob said, it is a roller bearing thrust button, needed for use with a roller cam but can be used with a flat tappet cam optionally...it would normally come with either the timing chain set, or with the timing set bolt lock plate and bolts kit, for use if your cam set-up requires it......it is not a transmission part

#7 ·
Thanks Eric.........My old foggy brain is finally tuning in ..........As I recall, I bought a new timing chain/gear set and I believe the button was included for use with a roller..... So I just set it aside without properly documenting ......Thanks to everybody who helped out on this one...

I should be on the road in a month or so.. in process of wiring the car these days..
Paul Gerdes's (PaulGerdes) Recent Uploads | Photobucket

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.