Hot Rod Forum banner

Help identify V-6 Chevy Exhaust Manifold

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  v123 
#1 ·
The attached photo is of a V-6 manifold I bought "loose" and modified by relocating the outlet -- I need to know what it is from so I can buy the correct flange gasket "donut" -- Note that it is from the era of air injection (they were cut off and plugged) and fits a 4.3L v-6 Chevy perfectly -- I believe the right gasket would be of the "donut with sleeve type"

All help really appreciated !

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
I could not find a part number and you are correct, it is a low nickel steel similar to that used for boiler tubing. Astro sounds promising, any guess as to the year? What years did GM use Air Injection into the exhaust manifolds ?

Big THANKS to all !

#9 · (Edited)
1989 walker #31398 1997 # is listed as 31388
felpro # 60718

stud spring nut dorman help # 03107 m10x1.5x77mm

or pack set of 3

#675-216 under the dorman-autograde lable

you'll need a 1989-97 s-10 y pipe flange or equivalent

to weld to your head pipe..
I used 1989-97 s-10 I'm sure the flange didn't change so many years will work..

#10 ·
I'd like to again thank everyone for there help and close this post with what I have learned in case it might help someone else :

1) I still do not know what vehicle used this manifold

2) A gasket that fits is the Fel Pro 61014 used on a number of late 90's GM vehicles --I plan to remember it as a 2000 Escalade part

3) Please note that although it looks the same, the bole pattern on the manifold flanges is not compatible with most earlier GM flanges -- Apparently these are about a 3/16" smaller bolt circle diameter than say S-10 from 1994

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.