Hot Rod Forum banner

Help Identifying Holley Carb

5K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Tubbed357 
#1 ·
Well I am having issues with my carb and im wondering if its too small so I am trying to find info on this carb but I cant. The number is LIST-7163

Thanks in advance

#3 ·
Ahh i see, how did you find that information about the carb. I tried there site and couldn't find anything. But anyway what i want to ask is,,,, is it a bad idea to run a marine carb on a street motor? the issue i was having was it seemed like the motor wasn't getting enough fuel when it was under load. It would kind of cut out. Could i get different jets or something

#4 ·
Tubbed357 said:
Ahh i see, how did you find that information about the carb. I tried there site and couldn't find anything. But anyway what i want to ask is,,,, is it a bad idea to run a marine carb on a street motor? the issue i was having was it seemed like the motor wasn't getting enough fuel when it was under load. It would kind of cut out. Could i get different jets or something
It's not on the Holley website. That info is posted here http://my.boatus.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=64377

#5 ·
The carb you have is basically the same as the 4160- 600 CFM vacuum secondary carb. The carb may be too small for the engine you have, or may only need jetting. Timing is a big factor on performance and I'd check that as well. If the timing is good, I'd pull a spark plug and check to see how the engine is running. If it's too lean (not enough gas), the plugs will be light gray or white in color. If the plug is a brown, that's OK, Black and sooty is too rich. If your running lean, I'd try a bigger jet in the primaries and see if that helps. You can run a marine carb on your vehicle. I would consider getting another carb eventually.

#6 · (Edited)
Ok sounds good, the timing is dead nuts so im pretty sure it isn't that so ill check the plugs. For some reason i haven't done that yet haha

Ohh forgot to ask, since i haven't done a plug check in a while i kind of forgot how the process went. Dont you have to have a clean plug and do a quick WOT run for a sec then immediate shut the car off. Not sure exactly if thats right though. Or do i just pop a plug out and look at it haha

#7 ·
Well today i tryed to work out the bugs and thought i had it figured out until i started it and gave it some gas in gear. I really need some help here cause i have tryed tons of things. To give you an idea of what its doing it kind of sounds like it is hitting a rev limiter but obviously it isn't.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.