Help on Interior! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Interior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2005, 01:58 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Help on Interior!

I have a 66 Ford F100 in need of interior really bad. Right now I have a bench seat that is completely ugly and the foam isn't square at all, it's just lumps. I had bucket seats here that I tried making my own brackets to mount it but they won't work. I need the bracket mounts that came with the seat in order for them to work because the way their frame is. Only problem is I have NO CLUE what these came off of, I just got them for free over a year or so ago when I was in high school from an auto tech class. So looks like I have to keep the boring bench seat now. Does anyone know of any place online that I can order interior materials for my carpet, seats and headliner, etc? I don't want to go through rod doors or not hot rod company because they are way too expensive and I do not have that kind of money. Basically I need to re do my bench seat with new foam, some kind of material, do the insulation and carpet, door panels and headliner.

Also if anyone has any nice grey bucket seats with mounting brackets they want to sell them please let me know. I would rather have bucket seats in here than a bench seat that way I can have a center console with my radio in it and have the dash all smoothed out and clean.

Thanks a lot for any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2005, 02:23 PM

Last photo:

Sorry but I also forgot to add one more thing here. I want to make a headliner for my truck but have it all smoothed out, etc so was wondering what is that kind of foam called that people use on door panels, etc? I would like to make a plain smooth headliner up top with like a tear drop look in the middle. Someone told me before that there is some certain kind of foam that is used for door panels, etc that is strong and not all soft...
I don't know maybe that isn't the right thing to use, so any help on this is appreciated too.
I don't know what material to use here either I was looking tweed since it looks nice and plain but I start itching real bad from it, I like vinyl but not sure if there are different kinds and I like Ultra Leather but that stuff is way too expensive of course. The bucket seats I have now look like tweed but they are soft and not course like tweed, I don't know what material that is. I am not sure how many of you guys have newer trucks like a 2000 Chevy truck or whatever but my father has a 2000 Chevy Crew cab dually with all grey interior. I don't know what material the carpet is but I like it, the door panels is some smooth and soft material and I like it and the headliner is some smooth and soft material as well and the seats I have no clue. Maybe someone here knows about this?
Sorry for all the questions and I know it's all just thrown in there and all bunched up but basically what I am asking is what kind of material is that that I described and just basically tips to do this stuff myself and save money.

Thanks again!

Edit* I found this website with materials and foam. How do their prices look? I am thinking about ordering some sample pieces of their vinyl of white and black.... http://www.rochfordsupply.com/
Old 08-20-2005, 04:30 PM
Stitching or grease I love it

Last journal entry: Wings and Wheels fly in
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMF Speed&Custom
I have a 66 Ford F100 in need of interior really bad. Right now I have a bench seat that is completely ugly and the foam isn't square at all, it's just lumps. I had bucket seats here that I tried making my own brackets to mount it but they won't work. I need the bracket mounts that came with the seat in order for them to work because the way their frame is. Only problem is I have NO CLUE what these came off of, I just got them for free over a year or so ago when I was in high school from an auto tech class. So looks like I have to keep the boring bench seat now. Does anyone know of any place online that I can order interior materials for my carpet, seats and headliner, etc? I don't want to go through rod doors or not hot rod company because they are way too expensive and I do not have that kind of money. Basically I need to re do my bench seat with new foam, some kind of material, do the insulation and carpet, door panels and headliner.

Also if anyone has any nice grey bucket seats with mounting brackets they want to sell them please let me know. I would rather have bucket seats in here than a bench seat that way I can have a center console with my radio in it and have the dash all smoothed out and clean.

Thanks a lot for any help!
I have a set of grey cloth late model grand prix seats. Give you a deal you pay 100+ shipping. Driver is power.

Pair of leather van seats driver power, brown ON steel risers. private me.

Recent Interior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.