Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Help me fine tune my 3.4l with a Holley 390 cfm.
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 07:57 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt327 View Post
Sounds like a plan, as they say.

To clarify, above I might have made it sound like a tight TC will cause the vacuum to drop at the hit of the throttle. The vacuum will drop regardless of the stall speed, but an engine w/a tight converter will will take longer to recover is the main point.

I tend to agree that manifold vacuum is the better choice for the majority of performance engines.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Thanks for the reply.

So, I decided, until I have the time this weekend to dig in a little deeper, was to put the vacuum advance back on the ported supply as this truck is my daily driver, so I have to be a little careful about tweaks as I need to get to work and back.

I did this after pulling a couple of plugs and seeing what appears to be leaner operation with the manifold supplying vacuum in addition to the ported through that can.

Now it has been running decently, but I don't believe optimally. So, this weekend, I will run the vacuum advance to the manifold and tweak the mixture and what not.