help me ID these sbc iron heads with 2.02/1.60 valves - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2010, 08:27 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

help me ID these sbc iron heads with 2.02/1.60 valves

I picked up these heads yesterday from a guy on CL he said they are dart iron 200cc heads 64cc but i cant find any info or real casting numbers. They have 2.02/1.60 valves, perimeter and center bolt hols for valve covers, angle plug, and comparing the intake runners to a LT1 gasket i had laying around the are the same size. i took tons of pictures so hopefully someone will identify these.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2010, 08:28 AM

Last photo:

Old 12-22-2010, 08:42 AM
How fast is fast enough?

Last photo:

Why do 3 out of 4 guys hack up the port entrance? Its usually the last place that needs enlarging, often needing to be filled in, and they just hack it up and don't even bother to blend it in.

When you rebuild those I would try to clean up that mess and a little bit on the short turn.

As far as identification, I would call up DART and ask them, they should know how to identify any of their heads.

Dart Machinery

353 Oliver Street
Troy, MI 48084

Main Line: 248-362-1188
Main Fax: 248-362-2027

You can also email them here: http://www.dartheads.com/products/contacts/
Old 12-22-2010, 08:46 AM
King of my Man-cave.

Last photo:

Look like World Products heads, Sportsman perhaps.

tom
Old 12-22-2010, 10:49 AM

Last photo:

[QUOTE=ap72]Why do 3 out of 4 guys hack up the port entrance? Its usually the last place that needs enlarging, often needing to be filled in, and they just hack it up and don't even bother to blend it in.

When you rebuild those I would try to clean up that mess and a little bit on the short turn.

As far as identification, I would call up DART and ask them, they should know how to identify any of their heads.

Dart Machinery

353 Oliver Street
Troy, MI 48084

Main Line: 248-362-1188
Main Fax: 248-362-2027

You can also email them here: http://www.dartheads.com/products/contacts/[/
QUOTE]
Hey thanks for their contact info. I am unsure of what you mean by the port entrance? Do u mean where the bolt goes like the surrounding?
Old 12-22-2010, 11:13 AM
More for Less Racer

Looks like World Products Sportsman to me also, from a time after World Products split from Dart. Dart hasn't made the Sportsman head in about 10+ years now.

Last edited by ericnova72; 12-22-2010 at 11:28 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-22-2010, 11:16 AM
How fast is fast enough?

Last photo:

The area before the pushrod pinch. Depending on a lot of things that area can often be filled in and see a power gain (if done properly), a lot of people make it bigger- usually a mistake.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:46 PM

Last photo:

I have a pretty much stock 350 with a small cam and a single turbo right now with a blow thru setup that's runnin stron... I an buildin a 383 stroker on the side with forged internals so that's what these heads will go on with the single turbo... I'm wonderin if anyone can or know where to get the specs for these I'm sure if they are in fact 200cc runners with some decent porting and polishing these heads will provide enough flow for the 383. Right now I'm at 450-500whp with the current setup and crappy truck heads not vortec.. with the 383 I'm lookin at 650ish whp on 93 octane as long as the heads will flow enough imsure these will handle the power
Old 12-22-2010, 01:30 PM
How fast is fast enough?

Last photo:

If you're going to rework them what they are eally doesn't matter so much, you'll need to get the CSA's right, clean up the short turn and the bowls, cut down the guide, clean up the chamber, get a valve job, and surfacing. It's all going to alter the heads a lot so I wouldn't be too concerned with what they were as cast. As far as volume goes, 200cc's means relatively nothing when you start talking about modifying them and searching for max power. You can have two modified 200cc heads that make nowhere near the same power.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:56 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap72
If you're going to rework them what they are eally doesn't matter so much, you'll need to get the CSA's right, clean up the short turn and the bowls, cut down the guide, clean up the chamber, get a valve job, and surfacing. It's all going to alter the heads a lot so I wouldn't be too concerned with what they were as cast. As far as volume goes, 200cc's means relatively nothing when you start talking about modifying them and searching for max power. You can have two modified 200cc heads that make nowhere near the same power.
I wasn't looking to rework the whole head just the basic port and polishin smoothin the runners and upgrade the springs with new valve seals.I'm not looking for peak hp from heads since I can always turn the boost up to make up for it I just didn't want a head that will choke my motor

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.