Hot Rod Forum banner

help with my air set up.

2K views 25 replies 5 participants last post by  orangejuiced86 
#1 ·
So i am having trouble with my air set up. First here are the specs. I have a 2.5 horse power 25 gallon compressor. I dont spray cars just small parts. So my issue is the reading i am getting on my gauges. Here is my compressor.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

See less See more
#15 ·
001mustang said:
Restrictions upstream of gauge (regulator, small line, long line, water, debris, etc.) or compressor can't keep up.

Set regulator when air is flowing not when air is dead headed.

I have a 25 ft 3/8 hose with high flow fittings. So this means I won't be a le to use my sata nr2000 to spray a fender or even a door?

#16 ·
angel85lx said:
I have a 25 ft 3/8 hose with high flow fittings. So this means I won't be a le to use my sata nr2000 to spray a fender or even a door?
Not enough air flow w/ regulator wide open?

Compressor running non-stop?

You can spray with your fan width reduced if your compressor can't keep up. If choke gun too much then other problems may arise.

May have to remove regulator because some of your compressors energy is wasted overcoming regulator.

As a minimum I would install a low point drain or water separator at hose end and connect another short hose to the low point separator/drain.

Of course it is optimum to run 50' of sloped copper pipe.

Another option is to connect two sub par compressors together.

I prefer conventional guns over HVLP if compressor capacity is low.

#18 ·
the comp does not run non stop. I stop spraying when the comp kicks in and wait for a full load to re spray. I think I will re move the regulator on the gun. That's where I think I loose the air pressure.

001mustang said:
Not enough air flow w/ regulator wide open?

Compressor running non-stop?

You can spray with your fan width reduced if your compressor can't keep up. If choke gun too much then other problems may arise.

May have to remove regulator because some of your compressors energy is wasted overcoming regulator.

As a minimum I would install a low point drain or water separator at hose end and connect another short hose to the low point separator/drain.

Of course it is optimum to run 50' of sloped copper pipe.

Another option is to connect two sub par compressors together.

I prefer conventional guns over HVLP if compressor capacity is low.

#22 ·
angel85lx said:
the comp does not run non stop. I stop spraying when the comp kicks in and wait for a full load to re spray. I think I will re move the regulator on the gun. That's where I think I loose the air pressure.
Have you tried spraying while choking gun settings?

I can spray using my big gun and a little air by reducing the fan and gun flow settings.

Some where I read about flying guns...lol.

#25 ·
mafiacustomz said:
looks like you need a bigger compressor and how is that HF air filter working for you been looking into getting one and the air regulator
Lol funny u asked I just had one replaced the gauge went out on it and I got it exchanged. But I did open up the old one and seen it did trap water. But I am going to look into getting a new one. The thing is that I am scared to buy a sharp devilbliss etc and find out they are china made. If that's the case I will stick with the hf ones.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.