Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Help with my cam selection....please
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2006, 08:45 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Hi Nolowrider, I went with the .230 dome Federal Mogul Hypereutectic pistons because I'm not using nitrous, and I needed better then straight cast aluminum. The tolerances on the hypers is tight enough to not make the noise that forged do on cold mornings, yet still can handle up to 6k without me getting to concerned. The 750 is ideal for my combo because as I said I'm not revving any higher then 6k. Small enough to give me good throttle response, yet big enough to feed the 454 on the top end. As I mentioned, I liked the 268h xtreme energy cam for power, but I just don't like the noise it makes. I spoke with Comp about the cam and they said several people complain about the xtreme energy line of cams, especially in the big blocks. I was looking at the Bracket master II cams too, but I was told the Vodoo line gives better bottom end torque and still performs as good up top. Hopefully we'll find someone that has used them both and can tell us which performed best.