Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - help with my timing!
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 01:11 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

help with my timing!

i cant get my truck timed, its a 95 k1500 so its tbi fuel injected with the late model efi style distributor where you disconect the est wire behind the gloevebox to time it at 0 then plug the est wire back into the ecm. the problem is that i disconnect the est wire and set the advance to 0, i plug the est wire back in and the truck still runs at 0 degrees across the board, it may drop back a few degrees in the negative as rpms change, thats about it. i just dropped in a parts store reman distributor w/ module and a new coil, could this be a bad ignition module? i dont know what to do. i tune the truck with my laptop so i pluged it in and played with the timign to see if i can see any response and i get nothing no matter what i do, when i data log the ecm i read the proper timing advance, so the ecm is functioning properly.its just not making its way to the distributor, the distributor just wont respond to the ecm is what the problem seems like. there are no breaks in the wiring that i know of, it worked fine before the coil went out and i started throwing new parts at it.