Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Help! Newbie first paintjob, acrylic enamel issues
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2006, 10:02 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Hey thanks for the reply. I'm working with the gun a little trying to figure out what's going on. It's pretty frustrating the way its going so far. One thing I did start to figure out was that I'm using 3/8 hose and something like 25' of it so I realized I probably needed to crank the pressure up more. See the thing is I am only regulating pressure out of the tank, my gun does not have a gauge on it. The gun is supposed to shoot between 2-3.5bar at the handle and I had it set at 3bar out of the tank. I turned it up to 4 out of the tank but I am not sure with 3/8 hose and 25' where that puts me at the gun. Can't imagine quite how much pressure I would lose along the way?

The other thing is it doesnt seem to come out with a very good gloss to it. Not a fresh paintjob kind of shine at all. Is this part of the buffing and polishing stage? Will a new coat of paint be a little dull when it's first sprayed?

I know that the reducer and the hardener are correct for the application because I have the spec sheets on the paint and they were matched by the body shop.

Right now I am really going to have to figure out how to fix this orange peel. As for my failed paint... can I just wait for it's designated dry time (16 hours) and then sand it off, or rescuff and 600grit it and respray?