Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Help picking a welder
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 09:28 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

A MiG would be your best bet.. And much easier to learn then Tig... With the MiG You only have to be good with one hand... Tig.... You have to be good with two hands....Tig is hands down better then MiG,,,,But !!! I weld ALL my frames with MiG..... I Sold my stick Machine a very long time ago.... No need for it....I weld everything with my MiG...

Now... Most important thing..... Don't buy a 110.... Spend the extra money and get a 220 machine....

And buy a machine that sell's a spool gun for Alum... You don't have to buy it now... Just make sure they make one for the Machine you want...I have the Lincoln pro MiG 175... A great Machine...Now they have the 180 Lincoln welders... A few of my friends have them... And I did get the chance to weld with them.... A good machine also.. Plus they have a spool gun for it.... Great to have if you every want to do Alum work.... You can buy the liner to change you gun over,,, But they don't work good because you have to feed the little Alum wire so far.... It will bird nest on you..... The spool gun only has to push the wire a few Inch's.. So keep all this in mind...Good luck.... Buy the right machine only once... Try to save money and buy the cheaper Machine,,, Then you end up buy two.... Do it right the first time around.... I use My machine EVERYDAY....

I wouldn't put a stick welder anywhere's around a car...
Don't get me wrong,, They are much stronger,,, But I don't feel they are needed on a car... No where's...