Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Help Please! Want wet glass look on clear!
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 03:20 PM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by shine
sorry cowboy but i don't do average paint jobs and have never met anyone who wanted an average job on their hotrod. this site is about hotrods . it is not about cheap car lot work .
Who said anything about cheap carlot work? OH ,you did when you compared the normal everyday bodyshop and their work to car lot work....its also not about trailer queens that never see any weather either....You ever meet anyone that didnt have 1,000 but wanted a nice paint job enough to do everything themselves?They're called hotrodders...
Actually the site is ALL about hotrodd'ERS and helping them do thier own work with better results...Like I said you need to get out more ,not only is two coats plenty .its the industry standard and just getting a job comparable to a body shop job standard is hard enough for the average DIYer...since you dont do average work I was wondering how you know so much about Nason Clear and how long it lasts ,mabee your doing something wrong... I got some on my daily driver (2 coats) thats 9yrs old and still looks good ,matter of fact you cant tell the nason from the original.....Now you drive your 10=14 coat of clear job everyday ungaraged and let us know "next year" how its holding up. LOL, you'll need a much smaller hat next year...