Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Help with PPG Deltron base coat paint and clear coat Please
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 07:56 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithkustoms
I agree with that, Im still blown away by the new water borne base coats. Ive never used them, and they may be the best thing since the beginning of paint. But the idea of a watter borne automotive paint is just nuts. Watter is good for lot of things, But automotive paint just is not one of them. Im a solvent man. If it don't use a hardener then I don't want to use it.
That sounds like the stories I have heard of when it went from Lacquer to Urethanes, and traditional guns to HVLP's. Better get used to it, because eventually Waterborne will be all there is. I dont know about down in the states, but as of partway through next year, importing new stocks of non-VOC compliant material will not be allowed, and in less than 2 years I believe, purchasing of that non-compliant material will be outlawed.

Waterborne is good stuff. It works, and has for years in Europe. Its just a little bit of a different animal than solvent based. But it is great.