Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Help with PPG Deltron base coat paint and clear coat Please
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 10:27 PM
point on positive

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Correct they are not lacquer or lacquer like.
They are what replaced lacquer and are designed to not affect or "lift" lacquer or enamels.
DBU and DBC have been a very trusted productive earners for many years and I have been a bit uneasy with the now mandatory change into the waterborne green generation but of course am up for the challenge ...
The dx57 additive for the DBC is kinda a misleading evil that is supposed to make DBC act like DBU but in this reporters opinion can be skipped if temps are at 70 and using the DT870 reducer ..

As mentioned the waterborne line I have decided will work best for my clients/conditions is gonna be PPG's Envirobase along with the newest workable/buffable clear called EnvirobaseEC700 in the blue can. I have shot some and can say it is a very different animal. It's base over spray seems to fly a couple feet and then just fall on the floor like you would think water would.
The base covers in 2-4 passes using way less material. The clear goes on with a light pass then one minute flash then ONE full on wet coat and that's it. No more 15 minutes then another coat then 15 minutes till a final coat. The idea is less time spraying means less time heating a booth,less time running the compressor,less time warming the globe. .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ENVIROBASEBANNER.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	42341   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic032.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	42350   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic029.JPG
Views:	3577
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	42353   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic031.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	42354  

Last edited by milo; 12-03-2009 at 10:51 PM. Reason: I take a lot of pictures lol...