Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Help! Putting AC back into my Cutlass
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 09:02 AM
Listen and Learn

Last wiki edit: DIY junkyard electrical fan controller
Last journal entry: SBC 305 Twin Turbo
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7

[quote=cseay1949;1576914]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zildjian4life218 View Post
If I get a front pulley setup off of this style
1985 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am V8 5.0 TPI Water Pump & Pulley | eBay
I should still be able to use my standard rotation waterpump right?

.. I usually have no problem finding belt routing diagrams, but can't find one for 85-86 Trans Am 5.0 FI with the dual serpentine/v-belt set up .. nothing in Alldata, and even my connection at the dealer was no help.

Looking at the pump that it calls for, looks like standard rotation. If you know how it routes, it's pretty simple - if it turns the same way as the crank, it is standard rotation .. if it turns the other way, reverse.

If you can find one of these cars in the junkyard with the belt still on it, or routing diagram under the hood .. or may have to buck up and buy a haynes or chilton manual.

But looks like only 85-86 5.0 with fuel injection had this set up.
Yeah I was suggested to use these years by I believe AP72 on another thread regarding my vbelt popping off all the time. If I can find a complete donor car at the yard I will definitely jump on it.

Did all GM vehicles between the late 80s and early 90s use the big round R4 compressor? like... 6511357 74-90 GM NEW R4 A/C COMPRESSOR AND CLUTCH Also did they use the same Connection into the back of them that is all one piece with a bolt in the middle? Sanden Compressor Conversion Fail - The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network