Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Help with steps between body work and Paint
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 04:47 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

If you are going to use centari, may I suggest the ultra performance pak. I haven't used the ultra system, but believe that is what replaced the old centari with 2000 performance pak. I used that back in tech school on my moms car in early 90's and must say out of the booth it did look pretty good. Didn't get to see it too long though cause mom fell asleep driving home and put it in the ditch and was in the hospital for a little while (hurt pretty bad) not real long after it was painted, She has a pic of that car somewhere with fresh paint sitting in the salvage yard, but every panel is trashed, but shiney, lol.
School did have a very nice clean booth to paint in, so it didn't need to be touched with a buffer. Good thing, since it was a metallic blue and being a single stage, buffing would have been a no no anyways. Here is a link to the tech sheet and if clearing centari, there is that info also.

http://www.performancecoatings.dupon...iUltraPerf.pdf