Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Help with throttle body on 1992 1500 silverado??
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 03:07 PM

Last journal entry: nova
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Help with throttle body on 1992 1500 silverado??

my son has a 1992 silverado 1500, with a 4.3 engine, The truck has been sitting for about 3 months but has been cranked just about everyday ,the other day we added gas and about two days later it started running rough,and now it want run. I changed the fuel filter thinking maybe the old one might be cloged up.But that didnt fix it. Then i took the fuel line back off of the back of the fuel filter and turned the key on ,and it has good gas presure coming out there,and then i did the same thing at the throttle body and it has good presure there.But there is no gas coming out the fuel injectors,I checked all the fueses,and the wires on the injectors and they have power going to them.I can spray starting fluid,or a mist of gas in the throttle body and it cranks right up and runs as long as i keep spraying it..
I was going to take the fuel presure regulator out of the T/B and see if i could see anything,but sence i havent never worked on one before i thought i better ask first, any help would be great..
thanks Robbie