Hot Rod Forum banner

Help: Transmission ID

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  gbowne1 
#1 ·
Need help identifying 2 transmissions:

#1 is a TH350. I got it off Craigslist Seattle for really cheap. It came out of a 75 Camaro. I can't see any 7 digit casting # but it has a white bar code sticker that says 9TX and the only other # I saw was MV4 on the pass. side of the tranny. It also has a green wire coming out of a connector on the side of the tranny. Reverse lamp switch? This is a great looking tranny.

The other is a Saginaw. A few of the gears are broken. It cost me $80 + shipping on ebay. Casting #3915032. GM2. I can get other ID info on this but it will take me a couple hours to get to it if it's needed. The tailshaft is #3880042 or 3860042. The casting of the # isn't very clear.

I was going to use either of these in my project car.. but I need the ID info on it.

Greg

#4 ·
Well, I looked at it again, and there are #'s on the valve body (8641043 amd 8640996) and one stamped into the main casting where it meets the engine on the drivers side, down near the pan, This one is: 22808120245 (the first 2 looks to be doublestamped in error. And, the 0 is a partial stamp, only the left side got stapmed. This a Vechicle ID #?

The round domed thing is on the L (Drivers Side). The thing in the round hole is on the R (Pass. Side)

Somone took the filter out so, I couldn't tell you the filter #.

There's a # on the seal near the shaft. 1243395.

There's also a little teeny wire rod poking through the housing which is connected to a mech on the valve body.

More info on the Saginaw later on.

Greg

#5 · (Edited)
Trans ID

Try this

1 Aluminum Powerglide 14 bolts
2 TH200 Metric 11 bolts
3 TH350 13 bolts
4 TH400 13 bolts
5 TH200-4R 16 bolts
6 TH700-R4, 4L60, 4L60E 16 bolts
7 4L80E 17 bolts

Info from Link to website

See also Second web site: The dropbox contains Camaro transmission codes. What SHOULD have been installed, or what was offered for the year selected. Will need to scroll down the page a good bit
transmission ID Web site

BarryH

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.