Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Help with Vortec Heads...please!!
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 05:59 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool rockin daddy
Third, do yourself a favor and get a good book on hotrodding chevy engines. You will discover that raising or lowering the compression ration does not make that big of a hp difference. You gain a whopping 4% hp increase with a full point increase of compression. On a 400 hp engine that equates to 16 hp. Milling heads has it's limits as you can mess up the angles of the mating surfaces between heads and intake manifold. Not worth it. Get Lingenfelter's book on "How to Hot Rod Small Block Chevy Engines".
Get a book huh? lol - thats funny! Everything else you said is well known info, im talking about VORTEC heads, and Vortec heads ONLY, no 2 heads are the EXACT same, especially when machining. 4% on a 215hp 305 is about 8.5HP, i'll take that! After modding it will be worth 15hp, well worth worrying about. I would also say a 8.2:1 305 runs like $#!t. I know about intake alignment issues, its fairly easy to fix by hand without hurting flow. Also, telling someone to get a book over a particular head question is BS. I hope you are just meant to help out and that wasnt meant as an insult.