Help With What To Do With A 66 Chevelle I bought - Trades? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2006, 06:23 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Help With What To Do With A 66 Chevelle I bought - Trades?

Hey Guys,

Just hang with me a minute. I am looking for some advise on what to do with a 66 Chevelle I got so be patient with the length and hopefully I can get some good feedback on how to proceed.

This weekend I was talking with a friend who years ago after seeing my affliction for old muscle decided to buy a car and restore it. Anyway what he bought was a good solid restorable 1966 Chevelle. Well it sat and sat, year after year and this weekend I asked what he was going to do with it. Anyway the short of it was I bought it. All he did over the years was to accumulate parts and thatís it. The car just sat in his garage.

I am not a chevelle guy(sorry to the Chevelle guy's). As you can see in my photo gallery I am a Camaro guy. I also have a mopar and one mustang convertible. Anyway rather then selling it in the paper I would like to think about a trade for something else. I know the car has some value to it but like I said I am not a Chevelle guy. It is a good solid restoration project it needs the typical, floors, trunk, etc but he has purchased a lot of this stuff over the years. The dash is in incredible condition I was very surprised. Itís a repaint it was originally blue the trunk rubber was painter over. When I got it home I tinkered with it and it started right up. Although I donít think itís the original engine. He has well over $1,000.00 in new parts alone.

Everyone says Ebay. But I donít ebay the Hotrodders site is about as computer literate as I am. My wife and kids use it the most. I took a lot of pics yesterday and put them in my photo gallery. Give me your opinion of what you think and how I should proceed. You thought are always welcome.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Chevelle.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	10536  

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2006, 10:01 AM
Young & Idealistic

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine
Last journal entry: 1950 Fargo - losing hope
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Keep it, pass it on to your daughter/son when they're old enough. Fix it up for them and let them work on it. I wouldnt give that puppy away if I were you. Just keep it and get your kids involved.

Mike
Old 03-06-2006, 11:06 AM

Last photo:

I already have 3 cars that my kids will learn and drive on I just don't care for the stylings of the 66 or 67. So I would rather trade for something I am interested in. Thanks.

Dave
Old 03-06-2006, 11:10 AM
Hotrodders.com moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: Yard Dog pic
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Any swap meets in your area???...Always guys there that want to swap around stuff..That is what I would do..

Sam
Old 03-06-2006, 01:26 PM
Stuck in the past.

Last photo:

You could try the Hotrodders Classifieds that this site has. You would be advertising to a more informed and interested group of people. I browse the classifieds in case that one special item that I didn't know I needed pops up.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:25 PM
Don't worry I'm a Professional

Last photo:

dude I cant tell but from the looks of it the rear window dosen't have the sail fins is the car a 300?
Old 03-06-2006, 09:14 PM

Last photo:

I would find out more info on the car if you can. You may have something more than you think.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:41 PM
turbo lag......yeeeeehaaaaaaw

Last photo:

66 chevelle

I ran the numbers form your cowl tag and it is a 66 chevelle 300 deluxe. It was marina blue with blue interior and vinyl with cloth insert seats. I dont know much on chevelles so i dont know if it is worth more or less because of this style. maybe someone else can chime in and help you with that.
Old 03-07-2006, 05:51 AM

Last photo:

Guys thanks for your help. But I think I need more help. The only info that I can find from the vin is that it was a 6 cylinder car. I don't know from a regular Chevelle or a 300 what is the difference? (Now first gen. Camaro's I can answer any questions)Here is the VIN maybe that will help 133116b15****> I have been to chevelle.com and a few other sites but there isn't a whole lot listed on the 66. Thanks again and I really appreciate your help. You guys are the best.

Dave
Old 03-08-2006, 07:29 PM

Last photo:

I like the ride the pics in the journal make it look like you have a great foundation. What size is the motor. I have researched the cowl tag and it doesn't look like they made that many of that model. Have you tried the classifieds here I have noticed a lot more activity since they began. What are you looking to get for it. Let us know I think we are all courous. BTW you have a pm.

Jim
Old 03-08-2006, 07:40 PM
ex biker, now hotrodder

why did you buy it if you don;t like it?
Old 03-09-2006, 06:11 AM

Last photo:

Because he made me an offer I couldn't refuse. And as car guys go you know you can't pass up a good deal. And I figured I could trade for something more to my liking or make a couple of bucks.

We all barter, buy, sell, trade cars and trade parts thats all part of the hobby and I have met a lot of great people along the way who I have made life long relationships with. Thanks

Dave
Old 03-09-2006, 06:20 AM

Last photo:

Hang on to it, you don't see many of the 300 post models hot rodded. Put a nice small block in it and you have a nice family cruiser.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:41 PM

Last photo:

If I was closer to you I would come take a look at the car, but I'm to far away . If the car drives good and it looks to be fairly complete try and sell it complete or trade it for what you want. If that doesn't work you can always use an extra engine and transmission for your self or even part the car out. From what I see you shouldn't have to much trouble selling the car if you are asking a reasonable amount.

John
Old 03-28-2006, 09:06 PM

Malibu 300 deluxe or ss

if this car is a 300 deluxe it should have the emblems. it would not be a coupe and will have door posts. They are not as desirable as the malibu or the ss as it is the plainest of the chevelle family. since it is not all original it will not have as much value but it still is an old car and even these are fetching fair money to the right person. Do some digging in Chevelle sales catalogs for comparison sales. Good luck.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.