Hot Rod Forum banner

Help!! What is the weight of my pickup?

899 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Sandflea427SS 
#1 ·
I would think that information such as I need would be easy to find. However, I have spent several hours searching and found nothing.

I simply would like to know the factory delivered weight of a 1979 GMC 1/2 ton short stepside pickup. It has a 350/350 and a 10 bolt rear.

Thanks for your help!

#2 ·
:D

The listed factory shippiing weight is not always (if rarely) correct.

Just drive it to a truck stop and have them weight it ( a couple bucks)

The county landfill also has scales..........certified .........I weigh all of my projects there :cool: FREE is you ask nice. They are glad to see something but garbage for a change :D

#3 ·
True Duece...I seem to have a lot of metal to scrap at times...But when I get a new vehicle I drive it to the scrap yard sometimes with a small box of metal. I get to the scales, look at the computer read out and tell the guy I have a box of free stuff. I have done it so often he knows what game I am playing....Sometime I go in and ask what the current price of aluminum is and just read the scales while he quotes the current price!
72 Monte 3650
87 S-10 2750
78 Elky 3140
69 p-up 3710
etc etc etc etc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.