Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Helped a young guy out last night.
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 10:37 AM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlightning View Post
............I had some 93 firebird wheels and tires listed online.I am cleaning up my shop and did not need them.So for a quick sale I listed them for 75$.
A guy emailed me and offered 40$.I said I would take 50$
Then he ask me to meet him half way to pick them up (about a half hour drive)
I was thinking to my self,heck no he is getting a great deal and now he wants me drive.
Well before I responded,my wife text me from work and said we needed to pick up her new glasses (in his town,we live in a small town)
So, I did email the guy and told him I could bring them with us.He ask if I could bring them to his work,Dairy Queen.I said yes.
As my wife and I were driving,I told my wife if this is a good hard working kid and has good grades in college.I will just give him the wheels and tires.
I show up at DQ and three young guys were busting there butts to get orders out.
He came out from behind the counter and I ask him what his major is in and what his grades were.He told me engineering and so far I have A,s sir.(that is right he said sir)

I told him he did not owe me anything.He said ,I have money ,and i told him to help someone else out sometime.
He later sent me a text saying that he had been praying from some wheels and tires and what that meant to him............I feel great.God is awesome!

(sorry if I mispelled anything,I do not see the spell check when I posted?)
that's awesome. Being from a big city I have almost lost all faith in humanity. The most I'll do for a stranger is give him a skateboard or something to keep him out of trouble. Wish I could do more but when you see families at the grocery store with shopping carts filled to the rim around the 1st/15th and then see EBT light up on the screen you can't help to notice these families are eating better than me, dressing better then me, and their kids are wearing Nikes and sporting an I-phone, how am I supposed to feel sorry for them? When I was growing up I didn't have name brand clothes, I didn't have the latest gadgets, and the media wasn't crying about my situation 24/7. For the most part, I will only care for those that don't have control over their destiny, those that are unable to meet the demands of society to survive, and those that have served in the military. All the lazy people can be put out in the streets as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by tech69; 11-16-2012 at 11:05 AM.