Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Hemi ?
Thread: Hemi ?
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 07:07 AM
Old & Furious

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinniekq2 View Post
wonder what it would cost to find a 392,rebuild and warm it up? It cost me almost 11k for a good stroker small block chevy,a few k more gets you a 528 HEMI,that is not a cool old rebuild junk engine from 40 years ago,thats brand new everything and its a hemi!
I got to agree any early engines will be worth more as a stock rebuild than as a hotrod motor. 15k for the big hemi in near race car power with a warranty. You can spend 20k building an old hemi engine.

If you have a numbers matching hemi rebuild it stock and keep it factory. None number matching well mopar has some great choices that dont include 20k price tag. 340 360 440 are all nice options. Usally if your car can fit a hemi engine you can also fit something with alot more punch. 440 is cheap and easy to get parts for and no sad faces if you smoke one having too much fun.

If your trying to make your car more valuable or just get a hemi at all cost. Pull the original engine and have it rebuilt to stock wrap in plastic hide it in the garage and stuff the 528 in the car. Usally upgrades that can be undone and are professinally done do not kill value as much as major modifications to the number matching engine. If you dont want to spend that much cash then avoid using the word hemi....

The hemi market has lost its mind. I would avoid buying Any thing during a rush in the market. I got a feeling hemi engines will be floating around for years to come after all the money spent in recent years.