Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Hemi looking valve covers, that bolt on to a small block Chevy
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 05:20 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHD
Hey mikey when and what was the last part you purchased from KB BAE SSI RCD Bryant Winberg Crower BME Velasco Callis Enderle Jesel or Enderle, etc ya know the premium hemi parts guys?

I don't need to spend money with any company to know the difference between a real hot rodder and a poser. Form follows function, without function a part is merely eye candy for those who don't know any better.
If you want to put parts on any car to create some kind of illusion, it is just that...an illusion.

I own my own streetrod shop, a real licensed shop where I build cars and motorcycles for customers, a fact easily verified by anyone. I have been here for 11 years, and my reputation is well known, and has been earned by doing quality work. Before that I worked 13 years for a well known fiberglass body manufacturer, leaving my final position as shop foreman voluntarily to open my own shop doing what I love.

I see guys like you all the time, newcomers with little real experience, hiding behind their keyboards, looking for an excuse to argue. You are not here to help, only to argue. Instead of trying to disprove another, show us what you are. I know you own a camera, and are capable of putting pics up, I can..

I don't hide behind my keyboard, and I don't sell parts or build motors for a living, and I never claimed to.

How about some background on yourself, or some pics of you and your car at the dragstrip with the trophys that a 5000 hp car surely gets, maybe some pics of you doing one of those twice a day teardowns, How about some shop pics, I saw the pics over on the other boards you troll, nice motor, but a guy who says he builds 5000 hp motors must have someplace better to prop his tranny up than on a milkcrate, in his hallway.

Check out this thread ..
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparf...read.php?t=841

He never does answer the guy who asks, "what's your ET?"

I liked this picture of OHD's boat motor..check out the shop environment...
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparf...1&d=1216678784

Catbox...classic.

How about spending time in the technical forums, actually answering technical questions with more than a quick one or two sentences that can be found in any magazine or google search. How about getting off your high dollar/big name= high performance fixation .

I think you came into some money, bought some cars and high dollar stuff to try to re live your misspent youth, and now you want the same respect as if you had actually been there.

Just my opinion, prove me wrong.

Later,

Mikey
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0041.JPG
Views:	453
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	33644  

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example

Last edited by powerrodsmike; 10-30-2008 at 05:40 PM.