Hot Rod Forum banner

Hemi looking valve covers, that bolt on to a small block Chevy

37K views 100 replies 32 participants last post by  Kevin45 
#1 ·
Does anyone know the web address for the company that sales the Hemi looking valve covers, that bolt on to a small block Chevy. There's a picture of these valve covers in my album, if you would like to see what I'm talking about.

#27 · (Edited)
OHD said:
Hey mikey when and what was the last part you purchased from KB BAE SSI RCD Bryant Winberg Crower BME Velasco Callis Enderle Jesel or Enderle, etc ya know the premium hemi parts guys?

I don't need to spend money with any company to know the difference between a real hot rodder and a poser. Form follows function, without function a part is merely eye candy for those who don't know any better.
If you want to put parts on any car to create some kind of illusion, it is just that...an illusion.

I own my own streetrod shop, a real licensed shop where I build cars and motorcycles for customers, a fact easily verified by anyone. I have been here for 11 years, and my reputation is well known, and has been earned by doing quality work. Before that I worked 13 years for a well known fiberglass body manufacturer, leaving my final position as shop foreman voluntarily to open my own shop doing what I love.

I see guys like you all the time, newcomers with little real experience, hiding behind their keyboards, looking for an excuse to argue. You are not here to help, only to argue. Instead of trying to disprove another, show us what you are. I know you own a camera, and are capable of putting pics up, I can..

I don't hide behind my keyboard, and I don't sell parts or build motors for a living, and I never claimed to.

How about some background on yourself, or some pics of you and your car at the dragstrip with the trophys that a 5000 hp car surely gets, maybe some pics of you doing one of those twice a day teardowns, How about some shop pics, I saw the pics over on the other boards you troll, nice motor, but a guy who says he builds 5000 hp motors must have someplace better to prop his tranny up than on a milkcrate, in his hallway.

Check out this thread ..
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?t=841

He never does answer the guy who asks, "what's your ET?"

I liked this picture of OHD's boat motor..check out the shop environment...
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=464&stc=1&d=1216678784

Catbox...classic.

How about spending time in the technical forums, actually answering technical questions with more than a quick one or two sentences that can be found in any magazine or google search. How about getting off your high dollar/big name= high performance fixation .

I think you came into some money, bought some cars and high dollar stuff to try to re live your misspent youth, and now you want the same respect as if you had actually been there.

Just my opinion, prove me wrong.

Later,

Mikey

Attachments

#28 ·
poncho62 said:
I am just watching with anticipation....................... :rolleyes: :thumbup:

OK...got my popcorn made..........................

Crunch...crunch...crunch...needs more butter, Poncho you need more butter...I'll melt ya some?...crunch...crunch...That PowerrrodsMike got a nice shop huh...crunch...crunch...maybe some more salt too...I like the sign too hehe...crunch...crunch...I did a search for the member name OHD earlier today...crunch...you should see some of the stuff I dug up...crunch...crunch...seems like...crunch...he's a popular guy everywhere he goes...crunch...crunch...ya know he might be legit...crunch...but when you come off like he does...crunch...crunch...you just don't get any credibility ya know...crunch...DING...butters ready...crunch...I'll pour...crunch...say when...crunch...crunch...need a napkin?

Dang nothing like real butter huh?

Crunch.

#29 ·
powerrodsmike said:
I see guys like you all the time, newcomers with little real experience, hiding behind their keyboards, looking for an excuse to argue. You are not here to help, only to argue. Instead of trying to disprove another, show us what you are. I know you own a camera, and are capable of putting pics up, I can..

How about some background on yourself, or some pics of you and your car at the dragstrip with the trophys that a 5000 hp car surely gets, maybe some pics of you doing one of those twice a day teardowns, How about some shop pics, I saw the pics over on the other boards you troll, nice motor, but a guy who says he builds 5000 hp motors must have someplace better to prop his tranny up than on a milkcrate, in his hallway.

He never does answer the guy who asks, "what's your ET?"

I liked this picture of OHD's boat motor..check out the shop environment...
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=464&stc=1&d=1216678784

Later,

Mikey
FINALLY...............Exactly what I've been trying to say all along. Lets see some pic's. :thumbup:

#30 · (Edited)
here ya go guys and girls...want more viewing, come on over got lots an lots more.... the boxes are KR 1000 series top and bottom. my primary tool storage sections and I need more room...

Hey Mikey I keep all the precision tooling inside in another tool box, right next to me, on my big desk. I own everything 100%.

and I quote

DANG NOTHING LIKE ,,,,,,,,(what was that other stuff) :thumbup:

Attachments

#34 ·
My wifes family had a English Bulldog..his name was Max Wedge because he was so ugly he was good looking and he made all kids off funky noises and if pushed too far he'd overheat and have to shut down for awhile :)

They are great watch dogs..they watch the theif take all your stuff! :(

#35 ·
This is fun :thumbup:

To keep the engine forum free of nontechnical discussion, I've moved this thread to the lounge.

Your continued participation is encouraged, and much more merriment will follow. :thumbup:

Cool dog, OHD :thumbup: (honest)

I love bulldogs..

But!

Smiley T Shopdog.

More to come :thumbup:

Kisses, Mikey

Attachments

#37 ·
powerrodsmike said:
This is fun :thumbup:

To keep the engine forum free of nontechnical discussion, I've moved this thread to the lounge.

Your continued participation is encouraged, and much more merriment will follow. :thumbup:

Cool dog, OHD :thumbup: (honest)

I love bulldogs..

But!

Smiley T Shopdog.

More to come :thumbup:

Kisses, Mikey
Hey Mikey!
Your dog is bigger and just as fugly! I mean that in a good way! :D
Is that drool I see???? :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

#38 ·
ramzoom said:
Hey Mikey!
Your dog is bigger and just as fugly! I mean that in a good way! :D
Is that drool I see???? :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:
162 honest pounds, (Per the last veterinary visit report card),
and yes that is drool. (I had to bait him with a cookie to sit pretty)

Later, mikey

Attachments

#45 · (Edited)
schnitz said:
Hey Mike, what's the writing on the edge of the drawer say (middle picture of post #45--- it's a long way to try and read that from Wisconsin to California.....)?

In a while, Chet.
Standard toolbox drawer labeling per MIL Spec 14L-263535...

"No matter how many times you open this drawer it won't have taps in it" :)

Later, mikey

#46 ·
Ok everyone is all friends now right?! :rolleyes:

Now OHD, relax and start making friends instead of enemies OK?

We are all here because we all enjoy building hotrods in whatever form they might take. No body is smarter or more knowledgeable than the next...we help each other out thats how this works.

Ya know a simple "Hi, this is some of my projects" thread in the introduction forum would have been sufficent.

Cool?

P.S. Please stop with the ridiculous threads in the engine forum as though they are some kind of test, there is no need. Someone here will always know more than you or I in some area and its a fact of life. Share and be nice and we will all get along. Tons of info here and lots of really nice guys willing to help you out, we all need help in life right?

Now thats some butter! ;)

#48 ·
4 Jaw Chuck said:
Ok everyone is all friends now right?! :rolleyes:

Now OHD, relax and start making friends instead of enemies OK?
Its a little too late for that.

#49 ·
Mikey I's have you cunfuzzeld & pizzed it would take you weeks after I cleaned up to find out where everything is.

I am a great shop NAZI! :thumbup:

I got someone you all should meet say hi to Robbi & Friends.

Robbi is a certified man killer. :evil:

R :thumbup:

Attachments

#50 ·
Grouch- It is a nice truck, and it is obvious to me from that one picture that you use your mind and the things around you to create good things with it...

Philosophical rambling...

IMO, that's a big part of hotrodding, not what you have or bought, but what you can do wih it..how you apply your knowledge..
Is it given to help others? Or is what you know and have some kind of stick to measure your success and superiority over others...

Later, mikey

#51 ·
Hey Center and Mikey you started jumping up my rear the day I showed up. I post only what I know and have personal expirence.

like that Desoto cam cores are very hard to come by.

Center YOU blasted away,

BTW Thanks, you sold a motor for my buddy, after the guy called YOUR go to man...that had everything in stock Bob Walker. PS there is a want add on his website for another Desoto cam core right now... Leaves less than 25 complete core hemi engines now...and 4 complete rebuilt Marine units...plus the spares I have for Firepower, my boats name... These are all owned not customers stuff... These are the 50s motors not counting my aftermarket aluminum 426 style stuff... ...

Hard to "like" a guy that is wrong, then blasts away at me...for telling the guy his cam core is valuable......(some do this to try to get parts cheap)......and continus to blast away right here in this thread.

Plus Mikey & Centerline you both "missed" the reason I took the picture of my Chris Crafts' 426 inch stroked hilborn injected motor... The extremely rare M&S covers....(I have been offered 2 sets of polished Donovans for them)..very unlikely you or he will ever see another set......

You guys ganged up and blasted, for me taking up for Jessie Bigs, one of the nicest guys on the planet, real class act there guys... I will do it any time some clown is trying to lie his butt off and trash someone I know. Gee someone posts a PM and YOU guys blast away at me...

I can and will prove anything I say or post... Some people seemed to not like the fact that I am able to do it. .... I ask questions to see if any new technology has popped up. I will post how I do stuff, if asked. Most people, including you Centerline, will probably never work on one of these type engines or their components.

I just got back from talking to a UMD sports team, explained this election, that is 45-50 votes plus their girlfriends...for one particular guy...plus whomever they tell and talk to this weekend...So try using your influence to make a difference, not protect your turf, on some internet bulletin board, for a change..

As to poochies, my English bulldog recycles cans and blue towels. Money wise I have more tied up in that lazy mutt, than most of my hemi motors.. :D

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.