Hot Rod Forum banner

Hemi looking valve covers, that bolt on to a small block Chevy

37K views 100 replies 32 participants last post by  Kevin45 
#1 ·
Does anyone know the web address for the company that sales the Hemi looking valve covers, that bolt on to a small block Chevy. There's a picture of these valve covers in my album, if you would like to see what I'm talking about.

#54 · (Edited)
OHD said:
You guys ganged up and blasted, for me taking up for Jessie Bigs, one of the nicest guys on the planet, real class act there guys... I will do it any time some clown is trying to lie his butt off and trash someone I know. Gee someone posts a PM and YOU guys blast away at me...
http://www.northernautoparts.com/Images/ProductImages/ph_1590.jpg
Well you must bring it up again. I'm like you OHD, I don't lie. Once again this is what I recieved c/w painted bowls and main body. It would be like you purchasing a HEMI crate motor but recieving a look-alike, kinda like a SBC with the HEMI covers. However who cares better let you get back to building your "High End" performance parts.

#55 · (Edited)
OHD said:
I can and will prove anything I say or post... Some people seemed to not like the fact that I am able to do it. .... I ask questions to see if any new technology has popped up. I will post how I do stuff, if asked.
I asked for proof. In big letters.

You showed us some nice motors on stands, and some tools and piles of bought parts.

I figured that after all of the time spent, in an effort to prove that I am who I say I am, by showing many of my implements of creativity, and giving my background, that we'd get at least a picture of the 5000 HP drag car that OHD says he has, and say he runs..

But we only got more of the same lip service. No proof of anything.

The only thing that I proved was that I give the benefit of the doubt to a troll for far too long....

BTW, I'm taking my pics out of this thread because I don't need a pictorial inventory of my shop left online.

Cute doggy pics and as much continuity as possible will be preserved.

Later, mikey

#57 ·
Oh well, so much for making friends and getting along.

I wonder why I waste my time.

The way I see it, there is only one person here that is causing all the trouble.

I see any more BS OHD and your out of here forever. No moderator voting, out for good...IP Ban...end of story.

Life is too short for me to spend anymore time on this nonsense. Lots of other sandboxes to play in on the net.

Got it!

Good! :mad:

#58 ·
4 Jaw Chuck said:
Oh well, so much for making friends and getting along.

I wonder why I waste my time.

The way I see it, there is only one person here that is causing all the trouble.

I see any more BS OHD and your out of here forever. No moderator voting, out for good...IP Ban...end of story.

Life is too short for me to spend anymore time on this nonsense. Lots of other sandboxes to play in on the net.

Got it!

Good! :mad:
Ditto.

Mikey

#59 · (Edited)
OHD, You started everything by advertising in the "My first Hemi" thread and I called you on it. You don't seem to like the rules around here so let me remind you to follow them.

I could care less how many engines you CLAIM to have. It means absolutely nothing to me or anyone else here. Personally based on your post history, I think you're nothing more than a second class TROLL. You come on this board, break the rules, get called on it, and you don't like it. So.. you decide to do everything you can to "play the part" with stupid posts in the engine forum. That is TROLL behavior plain and simple.

Please either straighten up or do the entire board a favor and take your antics somewhere else.... before one of us has the pleasure of permanently banning you.

#62 ·
Mikey that's too bad you pulled your pic's off. There was a lot of neat stuff to see. Yeah there is nothing like a fab shop that can build anything. I am the same way. I believe in having all the equipment to build it yourself. I started from day one working out of my 30' x 30' garage at home. Then flew out of control now I am in three large commercial buildings doing everyday business. CNC machine shop, specialty welding, retail sales, etc.

#66 ·
TRAILERKING said:
Mikey that's too bad you pulled your pic's off. There was a lot of neat stuff to see. Yeah there is nothing like a fab shop that can build anything. I am the same way. I believe in having all the equipment to build it yourself. I started from day one working out of my 30' x 30' garage at home. Then flew out of control now I am in three large commercial buildings doing everyday business. CNC machine shop, specialty welding, retail sales, etc.
Thanks Bernie :welcome: I'm very proud of my little shop, with all of those relics of a better time. They work, and I can do things with them that people like.

Here is a custom motorcycle gauge pod that I made from scratch on my old manual machines.

Check my photogallery if you want, there is stuff in there to look at.

I took pics of my stuff and posted them because those things are a big part of who I am. What we do becomes such a part of us that I figured if I asked OHD to show us the things that he says he has, and show some credibility, then I would show good will first and show him mine...

If OHD wants to remain anonymous, talking big, dropping names in an effort to act superior, fabricating lies about others,( you never got booted off the racingjunkforum..I checked), and insulting people's intelligence at every chance with the pretense of "teaching" them....and has demonstrated no desire to change, ...well you know.

I checked your background, using only the things you said and showed us, a few google searches, and found that you are, who you say you are. That's why I stuck up for you when you first joined, (after following you around and calling you on the carpet for multiple postings :spank: ) :D

I would love to succeed in business like you have, growing to meet the needs of your customers and becoming prosperous enough to let the business pay me back with some funtime toys like the race car you have. :thumbup:

Someday. First I need to spend less time trying to get trolls to stop being trolls..It's like asking flies to stop buzzing.

Later, mikey

#69 ·
BMM said:
And interupting argueing for stupid comments.
Hmph. Good luck. I tried that just a bit earlier and barely got a nibble. Whatever happened to the good old-fashioned troll fest, anyway?

Meandering slightly back toward the topic... If I posted a question about where to get one of those Rolls Royce nose kits for a VW, I would expect to get a response from someone telling me how tacky the things are. I would also hope to get at least one response telling me where to buy tacky if I was determined. In this case, the one asking the question got both in one response. How much better could it get?

Wonder if I could get one of those Hemi valve covers for a slant 6.

#70 · (Edited)
grouch said:
Wonder if I could get one of those Hemi valve covers for a slant 6.

Buy a pair, saw one cylinders worth of the ends off and weld the two 3 cylinder long sections together...Send it over here, and I'll TIG weld it up for you for free. Using HEMI certified welding rod. Just because I think it's like putting lipstick on a pig, doesn't mean I wouldn't help a friend who wanted to do it.

Once I had a Pinto with a mr potato head for a hood ornament...everyone said that Mr P didn't wear Pinto hatchbacks for shoes, but it made folks laugh...so I did it anyway.

maybe OHD will send you a set of his less desirable real hemi valve covers ...

Later, mikey

#71 ·
powerrodsmike said:
Buy a pair, saw one cylinders worth of the ends off and weld the two 3 cylinder long sections together...Send it over here, and I'll TIG weld it up for you for free. Using HEMI certified welding rod. Just because I think it's like putting lipstick on a pig, doesn't mean I wouldn't help a friend who wanted to do it.
I thank you for the kind offer, but I want to know more about your intentions toward the pig before taking you up on that.

I grew up around hotrodders and hotrodding (just never found time to do my own), so I understand and share the attitude. It was common to see several guys arguing about how dumb or ugly an idea was while at the same time busting knuckles to implement it because, "It's your car." Didn't matter if it was using water pipes for exhaust or heating coil springs or cutting out everything inside from the driver's seat to the rear license plate, the typical response was to pitch in with, "I can live with it as long as you can."

Felt like that the first time I found this place.

That ties back to your earlier "[p]hilosophical rambling". I don't think it was rambling; I think it pinpointed the basis of a far-flung community.

Since this thread has been off the topic the starter of the thread intended for most of the comments, I'll just push it on over the cliff into the twilight zone. :)

A community of dogs -- a pack-- forms with protection and obtaining food as its reasons for being. The establishment of pecking order on the basis of the ability to snarl, bite and fight is reasonable and results in a strengthened community.

Though some may be furry, we're not a pack. The coin of this community is information. A pecking order is not needed in the exchange and validation of that information. While age and experience tend to generate more of the community's coin, information that is useful to individuals within the community may come from any member at any time regardless of those factors.

As has been seen over and over, efforts to boost oneself in a pecking order, while ostensibly providing information, simply disrupts an information-based community. The capability of possession does not strengthen the community; sharing does. Unlike the meat captured by a pack, information grows when shared. Ideas multiply when given freely.

powerrodsmike said:
IMO, that's a big part of hotrodding, not what you have or bought, but what you can do wi[t]h it..how you apply your knowledge..
For a community that thrives on information exchange, an inventory list (or list of acquaintances) is little more than trivia. Sharing "how you apply your knowledge" in such a community necessarily strengthens that community, because each member then possesses what has been shared and has the option of improving on it and passing those improvements along.

powerrodsmike said:
Is it given to help others? Or is what you know and have some kind of stick to measure your success and superiority over others...
And there the man nails in two simple questions the difference between the enricher and the exploiter. Within a community based on shared information, the former strengthens the community while the latter is a destructive element. Information grows when shared and withers when horded.

powerrodsmike said:
Later, mikey
Hold on there. We haven't dealt with your cunning dismissal of my truck, yet...
powerrodsmike said:
Grouch- It is a nice truck, and it is obvious to me from that one picture that you use your mind and the things around you to create good things with it...
What?!? Not a single Jed Clampett reference? No remarks about hillbillies or ******* engineering? "Nice"? Pigs are "nice".

And I'll have you know I used SPF 2x6's, 16's, bolts, nuts, washers and OSB to create that thing. It's obvious that no (sane) mind was remotely involved.

(Actually, I half expected Centerline to threaten to dive-bomb my house if I let that truck get within sight of a public road. Or at least to put in an emergency call to OSHA).

#72 ·
Grouch, forget all that. I want to see a picture of the Mr. Potato Head Pinto. Better yet, a shot of Mike in that Pinto. That would easily trump any other shot ever posted in any joke thread. Looks like he's big in size (at least 6' 2" and 210--or bigger, and just plain HUGE (think Mt. Everest) in talent. Terrific job on that gauge pod!

In a while, Chet.

#74 ·
TRAILERKING said:
CENTERLINE, I see you like the '62-'65 B body Mopars. Here is one of mine.
Beautiful! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I only hope that my '64 Polara turns out that nice. Right now its collecting dust in the shop waiting for me to finish the deuce. Its a good platform to start a build too. Spent its whole life in Alabama, its a factory big block 4 speed car and I'm the second owner. Will be doing a rotisserie resto mod on that one.

#76 ·
Grouch- I made no derogatory comments about your rendition of "dodge truck as work platform", because like minds lay in the same gutter.

In my mind, the stereotypical "Hillbillies" are one of the ultimate examples of resourcefulness.. I can never be a true hillbilly myself, (I was "borned" in Brooklyn NY,) but I look at any folks who are inventive with limited resources for inspiration.

Creativity is the key character trait that I feel has made this hobby what it is. IMO, doing more with less is a virtue, not something to be looked down on.

Check my rendition of "VW van as cherry picker"..

This is in 1986, way before I had my shop, my front yard.(sand).I had a dead vw bus, a dead mustang that needed the motor pulled, an old gas station bumper jack that I had been given when a buddies dad shut down his station, and some pieces of 2x4 steel ..

What could I do? :)

We had pigs..2 Vietnamese potbellies, "Timmie" and Sir Francis Bacon" but never put lipstick on them though...

The fun is in how you connect the dots...buying fancy parts so you can create the illusion that you know what you are doing is OK, but does not earn as much respect from a guy like me.

Most of the guys who think that image is everything, and conspicous consumption is a way to show their success, don't want my respect either.

Schnitz--I'm only 5'11", 240# some fat..some muscle. Sadly, the Potato head Pinto was not captured on film. Nor was the "toilet seat as hood scoop 71 Hornet"...(That was my "art" car.)

Later, mikey

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.