Hot Rod Forum banner

Hemi looking valve covers, that bolt on to a small block Chevy

37K views 100 replies 32 participants last post by  Kevin45 
#1 ·
Does anyone know the web address for the company that sales the Hemi looking valve covers, that bolt on to a small block Chevy. There's a picture of these valve covers in my album, if you would like to see what I'm talking about.

#4 ·
And don't think I won't.

If you have a SBC..... face it.... it's a Small Block Cookie Cutter Engine. Get over it. Nothing looks cheezier than a SBC masquerading as something its NOT. The same thing holds true with those Oldsmobile valve covers for the SBC. If you want an engine that looks like a hemi then BUY A HEMI. If you wan't an Olds power plant then buy and OLDS. Faking it is the quickest way to loose the respect of your fellow gear heads. :nono:

That's as nicely as I could put it. :mwink:

#5 · (Edited)
Why would anyone want to wreck the image of a set of perfectly good hemi valve covers by holding them up with a SBC... :D

About 20 years ago I was at a show in Ventura, and came upon a vendors booth selling adapters to put SB ford valve covers on a chevy....

Why do people want to do that? :confused:

I'm not a huge devotee of any make of motor..I like em all. But cross-dressing them just seems wrong..

But just to show that I can help a guy, even if I think he's taking a wrong turn...a 30 second google image search turned up another product from the inventive guys at total performance....

for only 1395.00, you can amaze your friends and baffle your enemies...

http://www.tperformance.com/street_rod_store/engine/small_block_chevy_oversized_valve_covers/

I don't know how you will get the spark plugs to install between the valves, maybe they have instructions.
Later, mikey

#9 ·
That's too funny.. If my dad knew how much money he was saving by having me make real smoke and scratch marks in front of the house, he'd never have kicked me out... :D

Phoney blowers you say?

Just the other day a friend of mine was telling me about a guy who equipped his motor with a hollowed out blower that had a carb inside..
OK, we all remember the make believe plastic blower shells...

this guy took things a step further.....he'd take the car to car shows, and when at the show he would turn on a switch hooked to a windshield wiper motor that had the arm hooked to the throttle cable...

Switchable phony blower roll.

While we're at it, check out my favorite shopping stop for high performance wallet emptying...
http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1

Later, mikey

#12 ·
powerrodsmike said:
That's too funny.. If my dad knew how much money he was saving by having me make real smoke and scratch marks in front of the house, he'd never have kicked me out... :D

Phoney blowers you say?

Just the other day a friend of mine was telling me about a guy who equipped his motor with a hollowed out blower that had a carb inside..
OK, we all remember the make believe plastic blower shells...

this guy took things a step further.....he'd take the car to car shows, and when at the show he would turn on a switch hooked to a windshield wiper motor that had the arm hooked to the throttle cable...

Switchable phony blower roll.

While we're at it, check out my favorite shopping stop for high performance wallet emptying...
http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1

Later, mikey
I just had to look at the 'tools' section. The 'sky hooks' are a must have. LOL

#13 ·
Wow i actually wet myself reading all of those products on that "wallet emptying site" and my dear lord to think that allot of people would actually fall for those brilliant products lol, i actually think that if i got the car to tank kit , awd kit , muffler bearing, and hey why not a 710 cap while were at it hehe.
Slap it on the 91 blazer and I've would have spent more money than i bought it for, but hey i got myself a 4x4 tank with brand new muffler bearings :D
and i agree skyhook with moon-bolts and the wheel fastener is a must have

"Quickly tighten the nut behind ANY wheel for instant improvements in responsiveness, handling, and braking!" now im going to go we'll change my underpants .

#18 · (Edited)
That's pretty good, OHD, you found the same link to those phoney valve covers that I posted back on post 5.

Guess you must have missed it. :D

And telling a guy that he will lose respect from REAL hotrodders, by adding lookyloo bling to a motor is not any kind of politcal statement.

Later, mikey

#20 ·
OHD said:
Hey mikey when and what was the last part you purchased from KB BAE SSI RCD Bryant Winberg Crower BME Velasco Callis Enderle Jesel or Enderle, etc ya know the premium hemi parts guys?
You know OHD, I've been watching your posts over the last few weeks and I really hate to say this but you give all Mopar guys a bad name. You ask stupid questions, create arguments and lack a basic understanding of the rules on this board. Maybe you would feel better posting somewhere else. Somewhere where you can pretend to be knowledgeable and people will be gullible enough to actually believe you.

#21 ·
Seems Big Daddy is not opposed to selling Fake stuff.

http://www.alsblowers.com/indexgpp.html

PS I was thinking about you Centerline fingered you'd like this one I caught @ a local show.

With front brakes :thumbup: :thumbup:

R :thumbup:

Attachments

#22 ·
Rob Keller said:
Seems Big Daddy is not opposed to selling Fake stuff.

http://www.alsblowers.com/indexgpp.html

PS I was thinking about you Centerline fingered you'd like this one I caught @ a local show.

With front brakes :thumbup: :thumbup: R :thumbup:
It's amazing that Don Garlets would stoop to selling fake junk like that. I actually interviewed him once at Palm Beach International dragway in Fla. for a documentary film I was doing back in college. He's a nice guy and all but selling fake crap like that???? Give me a break!

There's something pretty kooky about the exhaust manifolds and the Mercedes grill. They just don't look right.

#23 ·
Mr Centerline would please list what hemi motors, ie make, size, perhaps even modifications from stock, you have build in last 2-3 years.

Please just post the links to them if you have done this in the past.

People like to get information from builders that are building engines and using parts and companies available to the individual along with suppling professional builders, currently. As well from people that have done the work in the past.

Your reply is greatly appreciated.

As the guidelines, you pointed out to me reccommend, please avoid personal conflicts/opinions in your posts. As I do.

PS anything I post anybody can come over and I will show it to them, hows that...

#25 ·
Well did you like the Hot Rod?

Did you know B D dabbled in politics too?

I forget what but my buddy went to ask him a question & his answer was.
your not in my district so I'm not talking to you!

Oh well no one is perfect. most everyone has a price.

Poncho ,Poncho ,Poncho ... like a kid in the school yard egging on a fight :nono:

J/K

OHD where is the out house? I know Lil to nuthing about the HEMI always willing to learn somthing new.

R :thumbup:

#26 ·
OHD said:
Mr Centerline would please list what hemi motors, ie make, size, perhaps even modifications from stock, you have build in last 2-3 years.

Please just post the links to them if you have done this in the past.

People like to get information from builders that are building engines and using parts and companies available to the individual along with suppling professional builders, currently. As well from people that have done the work in the past.

Your reply is greatly appreciated.

As the guidelines, you pointed out to me reccommend, please avoid personal conflicts/opinions in your posts. As I do.

PS anything I post anybody can come over and I will show it to them, hows that...
Not withstanding the hemi that was in the AD truck I sold this spring, I have one Chrysler, 2 DeSotos, 3 "B" blocks and one "RB" block in the garage right now. Each either being rebuilt, torn down for rebuild or in storage.

As far as visiting your place.... I don't think so. You might wait till after dark and shoot me in the knee or something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.