Hemi looking valve covers, that bolt on to a small block Chevy - Page 6 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2008, 09:54 AM
King of my Man-cave.

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Youz guys are all nuts.

tom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2008, 10:28 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

Grouch- I made no derogatory comments about your rendition of "dodge truck as work platform", because like minds lay in the same gutter.

In my mind, the stereotypical "Hillbillies" are one of the ultimate examples of resourcefulness.. I can never be a true hillbilly myself, (I was "borned" in Brooklyn NY,) but I look at any folks who are inventive with limited resources for inspiration.

Creativity is the key character trait that I feel has made this hobby what it is. IMO, doing more with less is a virtue, not something to be looked down on.

Check my rendition of "VW van as cherry picker"..

This is in 1986, way before I had my shop, my front yard.(sand).I had a dead vw bus, a dead mustang that needed the motor pulled, an old gas station bumper jack that I had been given when a buddies dad shut down his station, and some pieces of 2x4 steel ..

What could I do?

We had pigs..2 Vietnamese potbellies, "Timmie" and Sir Francis Bacon" but never put lipstick on them though...

The fun is in how you connect the dots...buying fancy parts so you can create the illusion that you know what you are doing is OK, but does not earn as much respect from a guy like me.

Most of the guys who think that image is everything, and conspicous consumption is a way to show their success, don't want my respect either.

Schnitz--I'm only 5'11", 240# some fat..some muscle. Sadly, the Potato head Pinto was not captured on film. Nor was the "toilet seat as hood scoop 71 Hornet"...(That was my "art" car.)

Later, mikey

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example
Old 11-01-2008, 10:49 AM

Last journal entry: Finished
Last photo:

Oh, hey, good, a thread for discussing our dogs.

Here's Buster. He's not as big as those Porkers that have already been posted...but he can double clutch like nobody's business.

And when he's not racin':

Old 11-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Born To Be Mild

Last photo:

Paw to the floor...................
Old 11-01-2008, 11:55 AM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Mikey...Great looking part's you made there,Them fenders are very nice......Great job...
Old 11-01-2008, 02:17 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centerline
Beautiful!

I only hope that my '64 Polara turns out that nice. Right now its collecting dust in the shop waiting for me to finish the deuce. Its a good platform to start a build too. Spent its whole life in Alabama, its a factory big block 4 speed car and I'm the second owner. Will be doing a rotisserie resto mod on that one.
My first old car was a 1965 Plymouth Belvedere II 2 door hdtp. White /red
I left a note on it and the owner called me. Picked it up for 600.00 back in 1988'ish. I was 15 at the time. My friends thought I was nuts for buying a grandma car..We put in a built 440 with 6 pack cam and fenderwell headers. My dad and I jacked up the trunions and got her nose high. Had crager s/s rims for awhile then went to steel rims and dog dish caps. Ran 4:11 gears. I found an original 426 street wedge hood ornament and put it on. I also picked up the correct 426 chrome valve covers and air cleaner..basically the car looked like a street wedge car. By the time it was done we added a hemi scoop..That was a nice car. I sold it to a guy in Fallbrook Ca and then it showed up again near my hometown La Verne, Ca a few years later. I heard its still in that area. Prior to the 65 my parents had a 62 Belair 409 car that I tried to buy from them but my mom wouldnt have it.."Too much car"..so I end up with a big block Plymouth that was much faster..
I will see if I can dig up a pic....
Old 11-01-2008, 04:13 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzoom
............. I also picked up the correct 426 chrome valve covers and air cleaner..basically the car looked like a street wedge car....
That's pretty much the way I'm going to go with my Polara. Pull the 383 and drop in a built 440 with the correct looking accessories for the original 426 street wedge look. I was originally going to do a Max Wedge clone but sold my manifold in order to buy parts for the deuce. A single quad Mopar Performance manifold will be much more streetable and affordable anyway.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:00 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Gotta love a pic of a dog driving a open fender street rod with a surf board...smoking the tires down the track.

Now thats what I'm talkin bout!

That should be your avatar CBoy, dang thats cool!

Now I have to see if I can get a pic of my cat prop standing my boat with a fishin rod attached to the console.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:54 PM

Last journal entry: Finished
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 Jaw Chuck
...Gotta love a pic of a dog driving a open fender street rod...
I try to make him hold on with two paws, but once he saw that picture of Willie Borsch doin' it this way, there was no stopping him.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:15 PM

Last wiki edit: How to document your project
Last journal entry: 1949 Olds -- Rotisserie, pt. 9
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

cboy:
Glad Buster's ok. Please remind him to steer into the skid, not opposite the way the tail's going. Hope he didn't get a lane violation on that one. While on the matter of safety, I don't care if he is a dog, he still needs a helmet, fireproof underwear and at least a bungee cord on that board! You oughta put 'im in the doghouse for a week.

Rob Keller:
Thanks for the idea! There's a track that recently opened near here (don't know if it's dirt or asphalt as I just hear the races while taping the home high school football games); maybe they'll let me enter the Dodge. Needs a big shark fin hood ornament that steers with the front tires, though, to help turn it at the speeds when the wing is effective.

I'm gonna have to hit the knowledge base to see if there's anything I can do to that slant 6. Don't want to do an engine swap; just enhance a little.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:29 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centerline
That's pretty much the way I'm going to go with my Polara. Pull the 383 and drop in a built 440 with the correct looking accessories for the original 426 street wedge look. I was originally going to do a Max Wedge clone but sold my manifold in order to buy parts for the deuce. A single quad Mopar Performance manifold will be much more streetable and affordable anyway.
The chrome valve covers shouldnt be too hard but that damn chrome air cleaner will be.
You can pick up a front swaybar out of the bigger sport fury or Monaco if I remember right..street wedge cars had larger brakes, the swaybar up front and thats pretty much it (other than that engine). I actually have a 426 Max wedge block standard bore stage II with heads and a 426 ST. wedge intake that was around from way back when..I have been picking up parts to complete the engine for whatever might come up. I will see if I have a pic. Problem with a street wedge is that they use the AAQA block so going max wedge is more desireable. I threw the intake and the heads on the block and took a pic a month or two ago..the 426 intake is very flat..I remember thinking there is a 426 st. wedge motor ready to go! We also have a couple a833 4 sppeds laying around so I guess I should be looking for a 64/65 Mopar
Old 11-02-2008, 08:33 AM

Last photo:

383's are a great motor too!

Old 11-02-2008, 02:42 PM
AKA:"SLOWRIDE66"take it easy!

Last wiki edit: How to post pictures on a forum
Last journal entry: 85 Suburban
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 38

A lil bit O juice will do ya Grouch.

R
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 034.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	33863  

"Illegitimis non carborundum"
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Crankshaft Coalition Master List of Hotrodding Forums
Old 11-02-2008, 06:13 PM

Last wiki edit: How to document your project
Last journal entry: 1949 Olds -- Rotisserie, pt. 9
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Heh. I think it would be a good thing to rebuild the old six before feeding it any nitrous. Either that or I should build a blast shield where the firewall is now.

I found some information on other ways to perk up a slant six:
http://allpar.com/mopar/hyper-pak.html

Quote:
With the release of the compact 1960 Plymouth Valiant, NASCAR sanctioned a special race for the new six-cylinder compact car class, which would involve all three major automakers.

[...]

Seven slant six valiants entered the new NASCAR race; when the race ended, not only had all seven Hyper-Paks finished, proving their reliability and durability, but they won the first seven places!

[...]

Hyper-Pak specs:
  • Overhead valve. Cast iron block.
  • Compression ratio: 11.5:1 (225), 10.5:1 (170)
  • Brake hp: 195 at 5200 rpm (225), 148 (170)
  • Four main bearings.
  • Solid valve lifters.
  • Carburetor: Carter AFB 3083S four-barrel.
  • Larger exhaust system using cast iron hearders.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:49 PM
My 2 cents worth

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Hey grouch, if you want to perk her up.

Give her a full tank of Premium, and a can of Seafoam, and drive her down the highway. She might get mad if you take off her wing though.

JMO

Heres a thought. Do the above, and send someone else driving her down the highway. She would really perk up under the 'national news' spotlight!

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.