Hot Rod Forum banner

Hesitation

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Tech @ BG 
#1 ·
I have a slight problem with my nova. Whenever i give it gas there is a slight hesitation then throws you back. It also happens when i give it gas in park or nuetral(very embarrasing at the cruise nights). its a 350 with rpm intake, edelbrock 750 w/ mech. sec., xe 268cam, and ported 305 heads. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 ·
The carb is big for the cam and CI. a 750 Vac would be better.

The pump shot may correct this...or the power valve. What color cam, what size squirter and what size power valve in addition to the vacuum at idle.

#3 ·
It never did this before and ive had this engine since january. I put my friends 650 carter on a couple days ago and my friends 650 speed demon befor i put it on his car and it did the same thing. It only really does it once i floor it or when its warmed up and in nuetral or park.

#6 ·
1969NovaSS said:
It never did this before and ive had this engine since january. I put my friends 650 carter on a couple days ago and my friends 650 speed demon befor i put it on his car and it did the same thing. It only really does it once i floor it or when its warmed up and in nuetral or park.

If it doesn't do it when the engine is colder, you may be too rich already.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.