Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Hey Barry, Hey Martin 15 degree rule
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2006, 08:56 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

OK, I can see that I need to explain a little. Here is the sernario, a DIYer bases his car Saturday, evening rolls around and so do the gnats. He says to himself "I'll clear it tomorrow after the gnats leave", its summer time and humid as hell. With that in mind he could burn up his window. I've seen guys who have left bike parts sit for 2 weeks before finishing them and they DID NOT rescuff the part! Why did they leave them sit,you say? Had other projects in the mix.

Now badbob, did you mix new primer with each coat OR do you have enough to do the job in one mix? With my products I would have to make new primer per each coat because of a potlife issue with the time you waited.Just because it is still sprayable DOES NOT make it good to spray. Also I am the exception in collision painting. I have p-sheets and I follow them. That way when some butthole rep comes in to fix a problem I might have I can proudly say that I DO NOT HACK MY PAINT!!!!

And this post was meant to include ALL products not just base. I know for a fact that clears will be the first to fail if you wait to long BUT everything has a window and I wanted to share it with you guys. I believe that pushing products has been WELL documented on here and I totally agree but there are two sides to everything.

If I seem a little pissy I don't mean to.

Last edited by AC/DC; 01-30-2006 at 09:05 PM.