Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Hey guys......
Thread: Hey guys......
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2006, 02:22 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Hey guys......

Since I have been posting on this board I have seen alot of questions regaurding turbs and fuel injection and the possibilities. I am going to put up a few links to some sites about turbos and some F.I. stuff. Feel free to add as many links that might help a little more than we can answer in a thread on the board.

How turbos work.

Link to help determine what turbo you have.

Link to help determine what turbo to use.

How to read and select a turbo.

Build guide for twin turbo 350.(applies to all makes)

How fuel injection works.(for those that dont know)

Also guys, alot of people stray away from TPI injection because its well known that it falls on its face around 4500rpm. Tpi is cheap and easy to get ahold of, ebay is littered with systems for $350 and under(ecm, manifolds, sensors, harness). When Tpi systems are modified they can support alot of power. All that is needed to make them animals is a little work and tunning. Many manufactures make systems(intake, runners and plenums) to help with the flow and run above 6000k easy.

I am goin to include a link here for tunning the stock ECMs to handles just about anything you want to throw at them and also a swap guide. The swap is into a 71 Camaro but it still applies to any model.

Here is the link for the swap.

Here is the link with every thing and any thing you will ever need to know about tunning the TPI Fuel Injection. Hope this helps out with some of the questions guys. Good luck and happy roddin!!