Hey Hey! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2004, 01:36 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Hey Hey!

Hey
I'm new here! But I do truly love hot rods lol! I'm 14 and I live in Aussie for just abit about myself! One of my fav hot rods is the 39 Ford LOVE EM! I'm looking at buying a 1954 Ford F-500 truck and I was wondering what you guys think? I'm also organising a deal for a 1968 Holden Kingswood HK 4dr Sedan Manual 6cyl 186 so I just wanted to know what you guys think? I"m also a big painter, I love it. I've got my own full gun set and airbrush, Right now I haven't actually painted a full car but the Ford or Holden will be my first one. Its so much fun! SO there we have it! SHare your knowledge so I can learn ! PLEASE!
Thanks
TRoy

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2004, 09:05 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Hey Boofis, welxome to our xommunity. Ir's great to see young people excited about cars. Post some pics if you manage to close the deal on the Holden. Lots of painters here, don't be afraid to ask questions. Good luck, Dan
Old 12-27-2004, 03:06 PM

Hey man
Thanks for the welcome. I don't know how to post pictures but I'll link you. lol!
Kingswood
Theres the link. Yeah, I love cars but I hate wreckless driving on the roads, I guess Ill be unloved here! D'oh! I love crazy driving on tracks though lol! ANyway, back on topic, thanks man! I'll try to learn as much as possible bout cars. God bless!
Thanks
Troy
Old 12-28-2004, 01:30 PM
Tazz

Last photo:

Hello New Guy!!

What exactly is a Ford F-500...A PU truck or flat bed or what? I'm no to sure the troops here will know what a Holden is but friend of mine has a V8 Holden with a blower on it.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!
Old 12-28-2004, 07:02 PM

Last journal entry: Engine Compartment
Last photo:

TM the f500 would of been somewhere in the nieghborhood of like 1-2 ton truck
Old 12-31-2004, 06:29 AM

Spot on, its just a big ol truck. LOL! Not know what a holden is, thats classic loL! Man. thats bizarre. loL!
THanks
Troy
Old 12-31-2004, 08:29 AM
Tazz

Last photo:

The Holden is not popular here in the States!!

The little Pontiac GTO isn't catching on very well either and I believe its a Holden too...just not much interest in them here with so many others styles too choose from...I only heard of a holden like two yrs ago myself.....thats the one the guy put a blower on in Indonesia.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!
Old 12-31-2004, 02:12 PM

Yeah! THe Gto is basically a monaro lol. Damn you guys and all your cars. Its no fair. So you know what Fords are right but not holden. Have you heard of the racing championship V8 Supercars? Thats Ford vs Holden, greatest Australian race in my opinion ANyway, in conclusion I'm not the biggest fan of holdens I love Fords. Do you guys have the same types of Fords over their :O?
Thanks
Troy
Old 01-02-2005, 08:27 PM
current hot rod: CTS-V

Last journal entry: Lets Get Started With the Improvements
Last photo:

When it comes to cars we see very different things from the manufacturers.

and welcome to the board. Is boofis your name?
Old 01-03-2005, 03:07 AM

Hey
I totally agree. No Boofis is not my name loL!
Thanks
Troy
Old 01-03-2005, 01:15 PM
Running on empty

Last journal entry: More pics
Last photo:

Don't know what a f500 looks like down under, but this is what look like here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	53 f500.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	3532  
Old 01-03-2005, 08:19 PM

Hey
Yep thats it, except a real truck not a ute, its like 7m long lol! So does anyone here know what a holden is?
Thanks
Troy
Old 01-03-2005, 10:14 PM

Last photo:

I know what company Holden is at least http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/...y?vehicleid=15 But thats the Holden I've taken a liking to, they need to bring that over, they already brought the Monaro or whatever over. They say the new GTO is crappy, but eh, I could deal with a crappy new ElCamino

Buuuut, I'd rather have this one if I had the choice http://www.fpv.com.au/index.asp?link_id=2.532 I know, its not helping your topic or anything, but I can't help but post pics of cars that we can seem to have
Old 01-04-2005, 04:30 PM

Hey
Wooooo! Go Fords! V8 Supercar Championship, FORDS RULE! Holdens suck! loL! I love the tornado, what do you think of the Typhoon? God bless!
Thanks
Troy
Old 01-04-2005, 05:20 PM

Last wiki edit: AMC V-8s Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 14

Troy, do a little research into the Aussie motor industry. You'll find that up until the last 10-15 years ago most Aussie cars were modified versions of those made in the parent company's country of origin. The Holden HK you mentioned looks a lot like a modified Chevy Nova from over here. I bet the running gear is, though there are a lot of body modifications -- to the point few body parts would interchange. Holden is owned by GM. Even the Monaro is based on another GM car, an Opel platform I believe. I'm not slighting the Aussie motor industry, the native companies usually modify whatever to fit the needs of you guys down under (or off to the side, whichever you prefer! ) better. Like the Holden V-8. It's basic GM, but used in more cars down there. Then there are things like the Utes, and the Chrysler Hemi six. So there is plenty innovation down under, even if they do start with stuff from elsewhere!

I'm a big AMC fan. Ramblers were assembled from knocked down kits by Australian Motor Industries (IMA) through around 73-74. AMC stopped using the Rambler name after 1969 in the states (started phasing out in 1966), so there were Rambler Javelins in Aussie land! That was the case in Mexico too, through 1983.

Troy, do a little research into the Aussie motor industry. You'll find that up until the last 10-15 years ago most Aussie cars were modified versions of those made in the parent company's country of origin. The Holden HK you mentioned looks a lot like a modified Chevy Nova from over here. I bet the running gear is, though there are a lot of body modifications -- to the point few body parts would interchange. Holden is owned by GM. Even the Monaro is based on another GM car, an Opel platform I believe. I'm not slighting the Aussie motor industry, the native companies usually modify whatever to fit the needs of you guys down under (or off to the side, whichever you prefer! ) better. Like the Holden V-8. It's basic GM, but used in more cars down there. Then there are things like the Utes, and the Chrysler Hemi six. So there is plenty innovation down under, even if they do start with stuff from elsewhere!

I'm a big AMC fan. Ramblers were assembled from knocked down kits by Australian Motor Industries (AMI) through around 73-74. AMC stopped using the Rambler name after 1969 in the states (started phasing out in 1966), so there were Rambler Javelins in Aussie land! That was the case in Mexico too, through 1983.

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.