Hey i Found Something about temporary ring fixing, to stop oil burning and smoke! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2004, 12:50 AM
Yeah, I did set-off your alarm

Wiki Edits: 0

Hey i Found Something about temporary ring fixing, to stop oil burning and smoke!

http://www.howtoadvice.com/StopBurningOil

Theres the site, check it out and tell me if you think it will work regardless i'll probably try it cuz it's cheap and if it works then hooray i don't have to rebuild it. but it sounds awsome and if it works thats great. Anyone tried something like that and had it work or tried and had it not work??? just want to know, thanks guys!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2004, 01:30 AM
Not Considered a Senior Member

Last photo:

My instructor in college always said "if you ever find a mechanic in a can, you`d better let him out"
when parts are worn out, there is no fix other than to replace or repair them, however, most of the article did give me a good laugh.
Old 08-28-2004, 02:55 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Rebuild an alternator Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 12

uhhh, Ok.....

Doc here:

Well, after reading that story, The man's Choice of mechanic is at best somewhat dubious...Missed the rings on a compression test, since they went out a few days later...if he did one at all?...and Who the heck runs an inverter for 100k worth of miles at idle? I mean I like camping like the next guy...but..

And, Jeeze.... this stuff must be good....It cleans oil fouled plugs...all by itself..

Sign me up! I got some ivy I need to kill on my fence-line....

LoL

Look at it this way, how many times have you super-glued worn metal parts together that were in constant use, In a heated environment, and how long did it last..? You'll have your answer....

Doc
Old 08-28-2004, 03:03 AM

sounded to good to be true!! but i'm gonna try it anyways hopefully it can last me till i can get a new motor!!!
Old 08-28-2004, 06:20 AM

There is a sucker born........
Old 08-28-2004, 06:24 AM
Troll Hunter

Last photo:

Arrow

I've been in the business almost 40 years and I've heard all about these miracle cures(?). My favorite is one that they used in older engines, baking soda. That's right,baking soda. Pull your plugs and put a teaspoon in each cylinder and start it up, the B.S. laps the rings and cylinders so you have a good seal again....right. Unlike the solution he mentioned it also controls tartar build up,LOL.
Old 08-28-2004, 06:28 AM
84 Mutt

Last journal entry: Steering column
Last photo:

OMG.....Everybody has tried all that crap..It does'nt work..You know how many mechanics would be out of buisness if a can could fix your problem.I had an 83 caprice wagon , a 3 hour tour would cost me 2 quarts of oil, not to mention all the "Shelf ****t" I've put in.This thing smoked like a Hippy at a Greatful dead show----much!
Old 08-28-2004, 06:54 AM
"May the Schwartz be with you"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine
Last journal entry: Finally getting going...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
Originally posted by 61ChevyTruck
sounded to good to be true!! but i'm gonna try it anyways hopefully it can last me till i can get a new motor!!!
Do us a favor and let us know how it works out. I tend to be a bit more suspicious like everyone else. I remember one that had little pellets you put in your cylinders, they were suppose to seal worn rings. I guess I never liked the thought of those pellets bouncing around in there until they melted or went into fission or whatever they were suppose to do.
Old 08-28-2004, 08:32 AM
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by 61ChevyTruck
Have I got a deal for you!!!

I have several acres of land 100 miles south of Galveston that I will let go cheap.

Vince
Old 08-28-2004, 08:53 AM
King of my Man-cave.

Last photo:

GEEZ, I wish I'd heard about this sooner!! We just spent 24K in getting a new head/block surfacing machine and valve refacer. Now I guess we can sell all of our shop equipment and get a HUGE stock of Alemite instead. I'm getting too old to run a boring bar, balancer, etc., anyway! And I can quit taking those pesky ASE certification tests, too!

tom
Old 08-28-2004, 08:57 AM
"May the Schwartz be with you"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine
Last journal entry: Finally getting going...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
Originally posted by 302/Z28
Have I got a deal for you!!!

I have several acres of land 100 miles south of Galveston that I will let go cheap.

Vince
How are the currents this time of year so I can calculate where the land will be when I get there?

Quote:
Originally posted by machine shop tom
GEEZ, I wish I'd heard about this sooner!! We just spent 24K in getting a new head/block surfacing machine and valve refacer. Now I guess we can sell all of our shop equipment and get a HUGE stock of Alemite instead. I'm getting too old to run a boring bar, balancer, etc., anyway! And I can quit taking those pesky ASE certification tests, too!

tom
Too bad, but that stuff is for campers with inverters that have idled the equivalent of 100k miles only...I saw it in the disclamer on the bottle.
Old 08-28-2004, 01:40 PM

hahaha i get it, kinda sounded phony, anyone know how much a base gm crate 350 is?? better start saving!!!
Old 08-29-2004, 02:03 AM

Last photo:

A friend of mine said the pellet stuff worked for a few thousand miles on an engine he saw back in the '60s, but when they finally did take it apart, the pistons could not be reused because the rings were stuck so tight they could not be removed.
Old 08-29-2004, 02:35 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Rebuild an alternator Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 12

Rabbit Food...

Doc here:

Pellets in the pistons....Uhhh Huhhhh....another Miracle to modern marketing....

Leave the Rabbit Food to the Rabbits.....Hamsters and gerbils...And only Squirrels will buy it....

I However Did Find a Marcile Cure For Toasted Engines past mechanical run-out....

Yes, Folks, It's Gypsy Woman in a Bottle...use your credit card now, and for 4 separate payments of $19.95... you will receive your own link to a gypsy woman ... Who can excise The He11 out of any worn engine....

One Seance, and your old engine will come to life..(especially on full moon months and all Hallows eve.) Guaranteed To Stop smoking, raise Compression, seal leaks, raise oil pressure, stop water leaks, Stop rumbling Main Bearings, Rod Knocks, Lifter Clash, Adds Thousands of inches to that old worn cam...

Yes, Folks, call now 1-800-888-Gypsy, and if you are within the first one million Callers, you will receive ABSOLUTELY Free of charge, a list of real repair stations in your area....Not a credit Card user? Send us a self addressed Stamped Package and include your First born male child and we will rush your order of GYPSY IN THE BOTTLE to your home right away....

Comes with a full 90 day money back guarantee...If not Fully satisfied just return the unused portion to us, for a good laugh....

OK,OK...a bit tongue in Cheek...but if you don't remember that..then try this...

There are ONLY 3 chemicals that should be added to an internal combustion engine to prolong life....

Water, Oil, and Gas....

Back to electro~shock therapy...
Doc
Old 08-29-2004, 08:21 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

"Restore" does almost the same thing and lasts about as long. Does it work? Yes...but not for long, you will soon become a constant customer of the additive MFG and once you start paying for additives every month an engine rebuild looks cheap.

It works but doesn't pay.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.