Hey mods - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders Site Suggestions and Help
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2013, 01:54 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Hey mods

Quick question: Why was this thread locked? It's in the wrong forum IMO (should be in the basic forum), but otherwise it seemed OK... Anything to do w/mentioning driving 75-80?

Please delete this after it's answered.

Advertisement

Last edited by cobalt327; 07-24-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2013, 02:10 PM
How fast is fast enough?

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt327 View Post
Quick question: Why was this thread locked? It's in the wrong forum IMO (should be in the basic forum), but otherwise it seemed OK... Anything to do w/mentioning driving 75-80?

Please delete this after it's answered.
While many of the old farts on here may never go over 55mph going 80mph is legal in Texas and 75 is legal in a lot of states so I don't think its that.

Likely the mod who locked it was just in a bad mood, some of the things some of them do are down right retarded. My biggest peeve is shuffling around threads that are just fine where they're located to begin with.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:24 PM
WFO

Last photo:

Well turns out AZ has a 75mph limit in places, so IDK...
Old 07-24-2013, 02:27 PM
Living In The Past

Last photo:

I was liking that one too, bummer...

Duke
Old 07-24-2013, 03:06 PM

Last photo:

i do not think it got locked down for what was said, think it was locked down for the user. think he was up to selling stuff.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:55 PM

Last photo:

i think this is the place ! Poncho just closed a thread that a new member opened up 10 years later. my 2 cents. we are here to give someone info!! we are members but we still are guests. the mods own it . so really who cares as long as we can help & give info. nobody can be right 100% of the time. So go with the flow. Agree to disagree!! And do what you do!!
Old 07-24-2013, 07:30 PM
WFO

Last photo:

Geez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killeratrod View Post
i think this is the place ! Poncho just closed a thread that a new member opened up 10 years later.
The thread I'm asking about was opened by a new member on 07-22-2013, so I'm not sure about what a thread 10 y/o has to do w/anything here.

Quote:
my 2 cents. we are here to give someone info!! we are members but we still are guests. the mods own it .
BTW/IMO: The mods "own" nothing. They are here to serve US! By 'us' I mean the membership at large who contribute the bulk of what gets seen here on Hotrodders forum. They do that by removing spam, stopping bickering and keeping things moving along smoothly. Without the contributors, you have nothing but a site filled w/advertisers and unanswered questions.

Quote:
so really who cares as long as we can help & give info. nobody can be right 100% of the time. So go with the flow. Agree to disagree!! And do what you do!!
I simply wanted the mods to answer my question- and I'm not looking to 'start' anything AT ALL! A simple question/simple answer type thing- no drama required.

As far as "who cares" goes- obviously I do, else I wouldn't have asked. Not that it's a huge deal or anything, but considering that I have invested a LOT of time and energy into this enterprise, I feel it's well within my rights to ask this type of question. I don't see anything obviously wrong w/the thread and simply want to know why it was locked. Most times there's an indication of why things like this are done, along w/the mod who did it. If I knew the "who", I'd have PM'ed the mod to ask instead of opening a thread on it.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:45 PM

Last photo:

the thread your posting about, he tried to sell his boat in it, it was removed but not listed. but really tech69 you do not want to post stuff because no one said anything for a few hours. Come on man!! i feel your going off the deep end, Work has you down , home has you down, why bring us all down . Take some time off and enjoy yourself. I think it has to do with Tech in the name. This is a place to help not *****!!
Old 07-24-2013, 08:02 PM
WFO

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killeratrod View Post
the thread your posting about, he tried to sell his boat in it, it was removed but not listed. but really tech69 you do not want to post stuff because no one said anything for a few hours. Come on man!! i feel your going off the deep end, Work has you down , home has you down, why bring us all down . Take some time off and enjoy yourself. I think it has to do with Tech in the name. This is a place to help not *****!!
WTF? Am I in some weird alternate universe here???

KRR, if you're talking about the thread I asked about above, and he was selling a boat, there should be a note at the bottom of the post saying (all or in part) that it was edited, the mod who edited it and the reason it was edited. But I see none of that.

As far as "Tech69" goes, I have no idea what THAT has to do w/anything, either. Are you sure you're posting to the right thread??
Old 07-24-2013, 08:08 PM

Im curious if there is ever any information passed back to the members when things randomly change/get locked or other mysteries?
Old 07-24-2013, 08:17 PM
WFO

Last photo:

Likely there's a lot that goes on behind the scenes that we're not privy to. The mods have their own private forum where all sorts of things are discussed and voted on, etc.

But usually when a thread is locked or sent to the dump, something will be said on the open forum. Either by a notation at the bottom of the post in question or in a separate post- like seen here. Not like there's a rule saying the mods HAVE to say, but it's just being considerate to do so IMO. Especially when there's no obvious reason.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:15 PM

Last photo:

check post #2 on your this link, see how i am a sarcastic ***. i know he was selling a boat. so i responed the way i seen fit. and sent in a flag!!
now really i am right their with you. but who cares about this ! you have friends and the rest of the mix! Everywhere! do what you do and talk soon
Old 07-24-2013, 09:41 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Working with chromed bolts
Last journal entry: New to me T-Bucket
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap72 View Post
Likely the mod who locked it was just in a bad mood, some of the things some of them do are down right retarded. My biggest peeve is shuffling around threads that are just fine where they're located to begin with.
Retarded? You making a statement like that doesn't surprise anyone. As far as moving threads around, they might be just fine where they're located in your mind, but that's just your mind.

Cobalt, I don't know why that thread was locked, I'll check it out.

It's unlocked.

Midnight Sun Street Rod Association
Old 07-24-2013, 09:48 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt327 View Post

BTW/IMO: The mods "own" nothing. They are here to serve US! By 'us' I mean the membership at large who contribute the bulk of what gets seen here on Hotrodders forum. They do that by removing spam, stopping bickering and keeping things moving along smoothly. Without the contributors, you have nothing but a site filled w/advertisers and unanswered questions.
Very true..
Old 07-24-2013, 09:50 PM
WFO

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68NovaSS View Post
Retarded? You making a statement like that doesn't surprise anyone. As far as moving threads around, they might be just fine where they're located in your mind, but that's just your mind.

Cobalt, I don't know why that thread was locked, I'll check it out.
Thank you. Again- I'm not disagreeing, I'm not protesting, I'm not looking for drama. I'm simply curious.

EDIT:
I see the thread's been reopened so it might have just been a mistake.

Last edited by cobalt327; 07-24-2013 at 09:58 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.