Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Hey TucsonJay, how the heck do you do this custom paint?
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 01:28 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Finding how to duplicate another person's art can be a puzzle, as things are used differently be each person, and maybe even some obscure creativity causes unusual artwork that the overall industry hasn't considered.

To get textures and effects I have used the usual lace and other fabrics... saran wrap for marblizing... cobwebbing... and all of the other common trends popular since the sixties.

Stepping a little, or a lot, outside the lines, I've used screen and mesh... netting... sponges... wadded paper... string... spray guns with no air cap... dribbled paint off of a paint stick... flicked toothbrushes... dry brushing... raffia... rhinestones... torn paper, and more. Always in search of a new technique or concept. I still have graphics ideas I have never seen used by anyone, but I can't find enough willing "victims". :-)~

This sort of thing can make it a problem duplicating an effect. This particular thread is just trying to figure out how to finness a very common technique. It could have been much worse! :-)

Here is the last marblizer job I did on a Synergy Green bagger. As you can see it was shot kind of wet, and is similar in pattern.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dcp-0746.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	73248  

Last edited by TucsonJay; 04-16-2013 at 01:35 PM.