Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Hey TucsonJay, how the heck do you do this custom paint?
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 06:03 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearheadslife View Post
???
how would this plastic rap trick look with a candy color..
then buried under x coats of the candy color..
?? 2
what is marblizer.. looks like controlled fish eyes
As far as I know,the marblizer comes with the pearl/metallic in it. A little research with HOK, and you might find just the clear base. It is not the same as regular clear paint. I don't know if kandy concentrates would mix with it okay.

Marblizer is a pearl or metallic in a paint base. One difference is that it stays wet longer than normal paints, so you can drop the saran wrap over it, then move the wrap and fluid around until you like the pattern.

After that you lift the saran wrap off and let it dry. If you don't like the pattern you got... you can wash the silver off with a mild solvent, leaving the original base coat ready to try again.

After your pattern is satisfactory, and has enough time to dry, you can shoot regular clears or candies over it. On the sample I posted, it has a green candy fade at the top of the marblized area.

On the one we've been discussing, it has a black base underneath, with a silver marblizer.so the thin spots cause the dark patterns.

Once you have tried it, you will be surprised how easy it is. :-)