Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - HF 97503 Dual MIG Welder $149.99
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 08:56 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmoonshine
Just wanted to let ya know that you are WRONG!
I just got this model and hooked it up and what do ya know......... the stinger is only HOT when trigger is pulled. You should never jump to conclusions because you once owned one of there model's and it didnt work for you or maybe you didnt work for it....... anyways its not the paint brushes....its the painter
they must have changed them, when I bought mine, they were ALL hot on contact.. but I can tell you, if you expect a Harbor Freight welder to be of the same quality as a Lincoln your WRONG.. with the quality welders, your getting for , a quality machine you can rely on, feed mechanisms that will be gaurenteed to work smooth ( my HF was anything but, and most reviews say the same. ), replaceable parts, hoses, ground wires ect... It's not ' all in the user ' with a welder. if a welder has inconsistant amperage/ inconsistant feeding, your NOT going to get a good result, no matter how good of a welder you are ... 90% of my specialty tools are all HF. grinders, chop saw, harmonic balancer puller, ball joint press, leak down tester, all my air tools.. but my welder isn't, and never ever will be unless I come across the rare occasion there selling refurbished Hobart Handler 140's and I have the money.. but for the time being. my Hobart knockoff is doing just fine. still chineese but, still cost around $350, and much, much better than the paperweight HF called a welder

with that, as long as your spot welding, your machine should do ok, but don't try to weld a frame or anything.