HF Aluminum Floor Jack? - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Garage - Tools
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2011, 11:51 AM

Last journal entry: Dash Mock-up
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 327NUT

P.S. Craig, got the Ariens Platinum 30 yesterday, a very quality rig, took me about 45 minutes to assemble, made sure it had oil and fired it up....2 pulls. Now all I need is SNOW!!

Congratulations! That's a good Blower, and trust me, the Snow will show! It's good that you bought that-I just received a Letter from John Deere this morning, and John Deere is discontinuing all Walk Behind Equipment by the end of 2012 (walk behind Lawn Mowers, Blowers, etc.)-they are giving all of us a Honda Contract-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2011, 12:25 AM

ive been using a sams club jack. i think its called arcan. it works great been using it for about 2 years now. only thing i worry about is replacement parts. i dont want something small failing then having to trash a 100 dollar jack
Old 10-30-2011, 10:13 PM
Adam's Auto Advice

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 327NUT
I bought both of these at Costco, the brand name is Arcan, don't know who really makes them but I'm sure they are sold elsewhere under a different name. The big one is a 3 1/5 T and has worked perfectly for 5 yrs. The smaller aluminum is a 3T and picks up the rear of my F-250. Got them both on a Costco sale for $99 each.......helluva deal
I agree! I am probably going to get the HF 1.5 Ton, then head over to Costco to get the 3.5 Arcan Jack. You really can't beat $100 bucks for a jack of that quality. People on all sorts of forums talk about how great a jack it is.

Unfortunately I don't think the Aluminum one is available anymore
Old 10-31-2011, 08:50 AM
Gotta love a turbo!

Last journal entry: Body on Frame today.
Last photo:

I haven't found an aluminum jack yet worth keeping. My HF jack was returned after one week and the Sears jack blew after a year and a half of limited use. The "rebuild" kit (no parts , just a new cylinder) was $150 so I reluctantly trashed it and bought a NAPA steel jack that seems to be pretty durable. All this and the heaviest thing I own is a Dakota single cab shortbed...

Russ
Old 10-31-2011, 07:56 PM
bentwings

Last photo:

I have one of these HF 1.5 T jacks. The only reason I got it is that it is the only jack I could find that will go under the Willys. At that I have to get the handle lock just right to slip between the center section and the lower fender. It just makes it. I can usually get the car up high enough for most work. If not I just 2 stage it with jack stands and blocks of wood.

The little jack will not lift a wheel of the mighty Dodge diesel so it stays home. It will got up high enough for stands so I can do oil changes and minor work. Anything else requires the height and brawn of the 3 ton.

I also keep the handle in the car or truck so others at the shop don't get to abuse it.
Old 11-25-2011, 06:01 AM
Just stuck

Last photo:

I have a couple of 2x12's to drive up on and that will usually give me the little bit of extra height I need for my jack to go under the lower slug cars that I work on from time to time. I also have some homemade driveway ramps made from wood too. They have a long transition so nothing drags on them before a tire starts up on them. They go up in stages 2" at a time. They stand up against the wall when not in use. There's more than one way to skin a cat if you think about it. Also, on the floor jacks. There are no more made in the USA that I know about and haven't seen an American made unit in a Sears in over 20 years.

Recent Garage - Tools posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.