Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - HF New 20% Off Coupon Restrictions
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 07:17 PM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldred
There have been a lot of changes lately and not for the good either. The story I heard is that the old man who founded HF turned over operations to his son who then promptly squandered the company's assets buying everything from mansions to super expensive paintings and art works then after an argument ensued the son had him thrown out -literally and he was told "not to come back"! They have been embroiled in a bitter legal battle but it looks as if the son is going to remain in charge. Price increases have been the most obvious change and when prices go up what's the point in even shopping there? Other things like eliminating the direct-to-store ordering for large items, which eliminated freight charges, and the as yet unsubstantiated story that they have been contracting for even cheaper goods (this seems to have been the case with a popular grinder I bought recently, much cheaper constructed) all add up to even less reason to go there. HF's success has been due to more than just low prices and if prices continue to increase and services and promotions decrease I think their future could be in doubt, JMO however. At this point it makes little difference to me because in the past I enjoyed going to the store and looking for the bargains but no more, the price increases and that POS grinder with the plastic gear case was it for me I am done with them.
Boy,You said it Red ...My feelings exactly...Same old story though kids squandering away a lifes work..shoulda raised them better I guess...Cant wait to see the kid on the street with a cup in his hand mabee then he'll learn somthing