HF New 20% Off Coupon Restrictions - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Garage - Tools
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2011, 11:06 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Has anyone seen any of their "15% off Your Total Purchase" coupons lately? The last one that I had expired in Nov. 2010 and I haven't been able to find another anywhere - including eBay and the internet coupon websites.

texastomeh

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2011, 11:42 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 31

yea, here they won't let you use them on sale items ither, but stores are run within regions and regional managers... check the coupon sites from time to time. they have free item coupons and often ring them up as cash value. get lucky and your free item is on sale, you'v got the diffrence in price to pay for other stuff.. last time i got 2 24" bar clamps on sale so it was like $4 off my purchases+ the clamps work pretty good
Old 01-03-2011, 08:03 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS
I can see things are a little different in the store's in Tennessee...

These coupons CAN be used on general sale items as long as no other coupon is required. Look at the exceptions list on the coupons, it lists several DIFFERENT sale exceptions it does not simply exclude sale items in general. If it did exclude all sale items it would simply say it could not be used for sale items instead of listing specific different sales. On another forum I visit sometimes those guys use the Coupons on sale items all the time and no one ever complains about having problems with them, if you have problems at your local store then you need to complain to them but the other guys here can, and should, use these things when items are on sale.

In fact I used one on that grinder (which was on sale) I mentioned and I have used them on a bunch of other items at stores both in Tenn and Lexington KY and never has there been any problem. I never buy anything unless it is on sale so if the coupons could not be used I would never have been able to use one at all.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:19 AM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Never said I had a problem using them on a sale item..
Old 01-03-2011, 09:02 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Never said I had a problem using them on a sale item..

Then why tell these guys the coupons are not supposed to be used for sale items and possibly cause someone to miss out? Until recently the only sale exceptions were when other coupons were required and in fact they never specifically excluded sale items they only excluded combining the % off coupons with any other coupon which was sometimes required to get the sale price on those items, that then did cause those items to be excluded. All other sale items were honored even on the large direct to store items like that lathe I mentioned which was on sale at the time. These coupons can still be used for some large items at substantial savings that can easily exceed fifty dollars or more and when combined with a sale price this can amount to some real bargains, in my case I saved over $640 with one coupon and that was on an item already at a substantial sale discount so this kind of info can be important to some folks!
Old 01-03-2011, 09:26 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldred
Then why tell these guys the coupons are not supposed to be used for sale items and possibly cause someone to miss out? Until recently the only sale exceptions were when other coupons were required and in fact they never specifically excluded sale items they only excluded combining the % off coupons with any other coupon which was sometimes required to get the sale price on those items, that then did cause those items to be excluded. All other sale items were honored even on the large direct to store items like that lathe I mentioned which was on sale at the time. These coupons can still be used for some large items at substantial savings that can easily exceed fifty dollars or more and when combined with a sale price this can amount to some real bargains, in my case I saved over $640 with one coupon and that was on an item already at a substantial sale discount so this kind of info can be important to some folks!

Well let's back up to this post..

Quote:
It has a lot to do with the person checking you out too... They usually don't follow the rules here..

What I was trying to say here is, The guy are girl at the front check out, Doesn't really know the rules.. And sometimes make up their own.. (Like a lot of other place's).. You go one day they tell you one thing, You go the next and they tell you different.. NO ONE EVER FOLLOW'S THE RIGHT RULE.. try it, You might just see what I mean..

Quote:
But your not suppose to use it on sale items..
Then I guess here I should have said.. THIS WAS A QUOTE !!!! from one of the ones that check you out, That make their own rules... Now do you get it...

I guess some just take me the wrong way sometimes.. I did say a few year back on here, I'm a lot better at BUILDING CARS, THEN THIS COMPUTER *******...

SORRY for any confusion I may have caused someone here.. I guess I'll try writing it better next time..
Old 01-03-2011, 09:38 AM

Last photo:

If a counter person does not agree then a floor manager is usually around to clear things up. Knowing the rules and pointing them out is usually all that is required if you are right since the floor manager almost always knows the policy, the store has serious problems if he/she don't! Like I said these % off coupons can amount to substantial savings so letting people know they can use them could save someone some money.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:46 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
If a counter person does not agree then a floor manager is usually around to clear things up. Knowing the rules and pointing them out is usually all that is required if you are right since the floor manager almost always knows the policy, the store has serious problems if he/she don't! Like I said these % off coupons can amount to substantial savings so letting people know they can use them could save someone some money.

I have to use your QUOTE on this one..

Quote:
Not quite true,

If you do have good manager's, IN TENNESSEE !!!! That's wonderful.. But the next time your IN Louisiana.. Give me a call, I will be glade to bring you to a few stores here.. And we will spend a little time with the Manager's.. Then you May UNDERSTAND a little better, Here in La.. The people that should be Manger's are on job's that pay you to be a manager.. If you don't believe me.. Ask a few from La.. they will let you know what I'm getting at.. We have jobs here that pay very very good.. And being a manger at HF is't one of them...REMEMBER (you get what you pay for) You ''do'' most of the time have a better chance to get someone on the floor that know's a little more then the manger.. I hope I made this where you can understand it a little better..
Old 01-03-2011, 12:05 PM

I first noticed a change when the coupons went from limit 5 to limit 1. And the coupon price for a trickle charger doubled, not much point in stopping there anymore.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:18 PM

Last photo:

It never ceases to amaze me how a simple straight-forward post that was intended to be informative and a "heads-up" to fellow forum members, can turn into a macho test-of-manhood name-calling p*ssing contest!!

It seems that we have dragged hotrodding down to the level of Professional Wrestling!!

texastomeh
Old 01-03-2011, 12:56 PM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7314

Purely informational details can be added to our Harbor Freight wiki article. The wiki is our current method for separating valuable information on a topic from discussion of that topic.

For experienced HF users, the most useful section of that article will likely be the coupon site listings toward the bottom.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:57 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by texastomeh
It never ceases to amaze me how a simple straight-forward post that was intended to be informative and a "heads-up" to fellow forum members, can turn into a macho test-of-manhood name-calling p*ssing contest!!

It seems that we have dragged hotrodding down to the level of Professional Wrestling!!

texastomeh

Sorry.... If what I said was the truth.. Didn't mean to step on anyone's foot here.. But someone was calling me out for not wording my sentence just right..I really see a lot of others that post that can be taken the wrong way..And I didn't see where anyone called anyone a name..
Old 01-03-2011, 01:40 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Quote:
Sorry.... If what I said was tphe truth.. Didn't mean to step on anyone's foot here.. But someone was calling me out for not wording my sentence just right..I really see a lot of others that post that can be taken the wrong way..And I didn't see where anyone called anyone a name..
Just looks like a lively conversation to me..........lol

We have a similar store up here (Princess Auto)......They dont really do the coupon thing much. I went in a day or so after a sale one day and saw a 13 hp Chinese Honda knockoff engine . It still had the $288 sale sticker on it, so I grabbed it....The girl at the checkout honored it, but got on the phone right away.....As I was leaving, someone was getting reamed pretty good.........

Budget RVs
Old 01-03-2011, 03:09 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho62
Just looks like a lively conversation to me..........lol

That's what I thought also Poncho...
Old 01-04-2011, 07:06 PM
Adam's Auto Advice

Last photo:

I feel like part of the reason you go to HF is because you can use those 20% off coupons on those banned items. A lot of their prices on some things aren't that much better than other stores. Using the coupons is what makes the difference.

Recent Garage - Tools posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.