Hi All - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2003, 04:26 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Cool Hi All

Hi everybody ,
I'm new to the forums , been lurking a while and enjoy reading the posts so much I thought I'd try and join in the fun . I live in the holiday resort town of Bournemouth on the South Coast of England , been to the Eastern side of the USA a few times but haven't made it to the West yet ! .
I've been out of the scene for quite a while , 15 - 18 years, but hoping for that to change in the next couple of weeks . Going to look at a black on black 283 4spd buckets console #'s matching 64 Chevelle SS , I just hope it's as good as it looks in the pictures and that I can agree a fair price with the owner , I'll keep you posted .
Previous cars have included , 57 Bel Air spt cpe , 57 210 2dr sdn , 55 210 2dr sdn, 56 210 2dr sdn, 56 150 2dr sdn ,67 Nova pro street , 70 Nova 396, 66 Chevelle , 67 Chevelle Malibu 1 owner car with 28,000 miles white with red int - only a 283 glide but damn I miss that car .

Back then a good friend of mine had a fabulous #'s matching black on black 66 Impala 425/427 4 spd with buckets and console in dash 7500 tach , only power option it had was power brakes , whoever ordered it new just wanted to go fast . He also had a 70 Hemi challenger and I remember him having a hard time trying to sell it for 5500 = approx $8000.
Oh well I'm rambling now so I'll get off and catch up with you guys later.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2003, 04:38 PM
Be the MIRACLE!

Last journal entry: Running boards (part DUEX)
Last photo:

Hey Stitch, Glad to have you hanging around. Was just watching a show on t.v. about Hot Rodders in England. Was surprised you had so much good American Iron. And you boys really know how to beef up those engines too!
Old 10-23-2003, 04:42 PM
Psychotic

Last photo:

Hi Stitch, you have a cool list there, don't see no Fords tho'
Old 10-23-2003, 05:06 PM

Last photo:

Hi 38 special , I'm glad to be here.

To be honest it's come as a bit of a surprise to me to , since I've been actively looking for something this last month or so I'm truly amazed at the build quality of the rods and muscle cars in the UK these days. It seems to be getting really established now and is appealing to a broader market . I think the presence of some Hot Rods and Hemi Under Glass at the Goodwood Festival of Speed and the fact that the hobby is getting more coverage in the "higher end" type of automotive collectors magazine is opening the eyes of the tweed cap and string back glove brigade ......and they're the guys with all the money .

Hey Moby302 , yeah I'm kind of a dyed in the wool Chevy man I'm afraid ..................must be all that easily extracted horsepower
Old 10-23-2003, 06:34 PM
Home Built Rods No Rules

Last journal entry: Home Made Sheetmetal bender plans
Last photo:

Welcome Stitch,have been over to the UK 5 times for vacation or (holiday) always been treated very good by the locals. Love that Guinness. Enjoy your stay here.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.