Hi, first post--any Saturn "nuts" out there? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2004, 06:14 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Hi, first post--any Saturn "nuts" out there?

Hi, --great site, I learn alot from you guys. I have a '94 Saturn, and have found the engine-tranny and engine-mount "dogbones" are crap if they're the stock rubber. Do of any of you know of someone that does "dogbones"(one bar-shaped @ top of engine,--one at the passenger side right lower from engine to X-member, and one at the driver's lower side near the transmission-X-member junction) made out of polyurethane? The standard parts houses on the web don't even show these (even the stock stupid rubber ones) so these (rubber ones)are probably "Saturn-only" parts, but they affect drivability, and GM is going to find itself SUED someday if they don't quit making 20-40-thousand mile JUNK(in my opinion). Polyurethane would last until the wheels fell off, and I don't care if I get more noise/vibration.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2004, 10:19 PM

saturns

I use to work for saturn and still would if i hadn't messed up my back . what is the reason your mounts are bad are you leaking fluid on them??? and why are you replacing them??? heck the 94 sl2 I have now just turned 221XXX and the engine has never been apart. there biggest weak point is spinning the tires on a manual you WILL have a blown out diff so if your car is a manual take it easy or get to know the guys at the recyclers for used trannies. if you have any more questions IM me as I don't always read everything here.
Jesse
Old 07-01-2004, 04:14 PM

I already have some slip--isn't that the clutch going(194K miles)?

Dear '60 convert(what make?), You used to work for Saturn? It may have been great to work in Spring Hill, Tenn.,or even in New Jersey, but I feel the dealer service sometimes stinks. I feel a lot of mechanics(or their bosses) look at the mileage and then say to themselves: "It has X miles, Y should have gone-out by now. I KNOW they do this, because I once replaced the top-mount rubber/aluminum "bridge", and at the next service, they told me it was defective(that was 60K ago, by NOW they're finally right). Having not officially "wrenched" before, I'm in this twilight of judgement, but handling definitely has some "slop" that I didn't have when I purchased the car 6 years ago. I DID have a valve-cover leak(fixed within a couple of weeks of notice), but that's just my point,--a problem one place can lead to others elsewhere. If Saturn CARED about its customers, they would have LED with polyurethane, so it wouldn't MATTER if there had been a Valve-cover leak. There MUST be something "going on", because they asked me if I had any drivability complaints(none at the time). Sorry you hurt your back, that can ruin manual labor/assembly, but should allow service-writing/laying-out manuals/books for the novice. ALL of the manuals available are not as clear as they could be, but are easily sufficient if you're already trained as a wrench.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.