Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Hi Group
Thread: Hi Group
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 01:54 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Hi Group

I am not good at the introduction stuff but here goes. My wife and I are building a 1947 Dodge 3 window coupe, the plan is to use an AMC Pacer front Suspension and rear end to achieve the rack and pinion and rear suspension that we are looking for. We did purchase a 1996 Ford EFI 5.0 that we are going to downgrade to the Throttle body from a 1981 Lincoln 302 with the complete under the hood wiring harness and fuel control box. I am suppose to tell you I am 56 years old and have been in the automotive shade tree field for as long as I can remember and now I am at the stage in my life when I want a daily driver for us to drive to Reno for Hot August Nights and to the grocery store when we feel like it. I don't believe in trailering a car to a show. (Why have a car that can't be driven?) We are not looking for a Hot Rod but in reality a comfortable, dependable piece of transportation that looks good. I was also being selfish when I picked the 3 window coupe in the fact that it is only made to hold two people. (No Passengers) I want to spend some time with the woman I am married to since we have 5 kids and 15 grand kids. It has been a long time since it was just us in fact I think this is the first time it has been just us. We have been going to Reno for Hot August Nights for the last 8 years as vendors and have set up in Sparks every year and last year I said it was enough "I am tired of doing the drool now I want to do the tulle" Well I have a few photos of bringing home the Dodge and building what is now called the Dodge House. Gumpa
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dodge 1.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	8683   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dodge 2.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	8684   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dodge 6.JPG
Views:	69