Hot Rod Forum banner

hi tech: how you get the hubcaps off dis lincoln?

856 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  bullheimer 
#1 · (Edited)
DAMN THESE THINGS! :mad:
I've seen others that spin off so you can get to the lug nuts and others with fake lugs that you unscrew to get at the real ones. anyone know what i gotta do to get to the lug nuts on this mag wheel with a plastic round center cap and then a ring about an inch wide all the way around that covering all the lug nutz? sheeet :confused: 1993 rwd towncar

HERE'S A PICTURE OF THE STUPID WHEEL W/O THE CRAP I NEED TO GET OFF OF IT.

See less See more
#2 ·
in the center cap there is a key you need to insert to release it and it will just come off. some use the fake lugs to screw on to the real lugs and attach that way but that is a low end way of doing it, the Linc probably has the key you insert behind the center cap. :)

#3 ·
HOW FUN!! I went to the tire shop and he popped it right off with a little screw driver!! what a chump! got home and tried it and it didnt work cause my screwdriver was too big had to put another one under it. bottom line it just snaps off. then i had a factory locking lug nut on each wheel and no key for it!!! cost me $45 at Les Schwabbie. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.