The hidden power of 327's - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2008, 07:20 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

The hidden power of 327's

Yes Gertrude, there is power to be brought to the pavement from those tiny lil 327's. I know, because I have owned the same one for 17 years now and I have made it my life's ambition to make it faster every year.....ok, not to mention that I just don't have the funds for a really exotic small block.
This 327, bored 30 over has been a labor of love, maybe a foolish one, but none the less, an effort to just get to the 8th mile marker just a little quicker. It's in a 71 Nova. It's pushed by a 350 turbo, and 4:56 gears turn the slicks. The motor & all it's parts has had all the changes you can imagine. Trw pistons, Comp cam, Holley Dominator Intake, and a Holley 750 carb , and other lil tweeks here and there. One of the most productive changes I have made lately is a set of World Product heads, with the 202 valves. I keep treating this motor like it's one of it's big brothers....355...383...406. Some things work....some don't. What I find rewarding tho is this lil guy really likes to flex it's muscles by taking out a few 355's....lots of souped up Mustangs....even beat a Chevy 502 once at Hardinsburg Ky years ago.
Over the years this engine has taken a lot of abuse. Over-revs (not my fault....bad shifter!!) took the rpms way too far up there!
Still, it is setting out in my garage, waiting patiently for the 18th year that we go racing on a limited schedule.
Don't ya just love the smell of racin fuel....anytime?!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2008, 07:41 PM
HOT ROD...... FROM A CHRYSLER?

Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: FLOOR BEADS
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 29

Welcome to Hotrodders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.