Hot Rod Forum banner

High beam switch for GMH floor mount

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  joshadelaide 
#1 · (Edited)
G'day,

I am trying to wire a GMH foot activated (floor mounted, push-button) high beam switch. The box did not come with a diagramme, but there are three wires on the harness: one on the top in the centre, and two at bottom left and right. There are no colours on any of the wires other than black, so thus nothing decernable. The wire harness clicks in place, and the switch bolts to the floor. I was hoping someone on this forum may have dealt with this in the past. The wire unit has male prongs extruding from the switch, and female for the corresponding harness. I thought perhaps the centre post went to earth, but this does not seem to be the case. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Josh
Adelaide, South Australia

#2 ·
Joshadelaide,

I would say that the single spade is to attach to the head-light switch (power) and the two other spades go to the different circuits, one for high the other for low beam. The lights are to be grounded (earth) at their buckets not at the dimmer.

Have Fun
Scholman

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.